Hawaiian Shirt Photo for GaryCon IX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stahlnee, Jan 7, 2017.

1. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

For this year, the plan is do the gathering and photo before the Charity Auction on Saturday.

Working on getting the time of the Charity Auction and will post here with details as I get it.

Best,
    Edwin

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Request - Anyone attending with good camera that can take a wide angle picture of the group?

3. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

You the man, Edwin.

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

i look forward to the photo opportunity, as always.

5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Posted on the front page earlier today. Now we are an official event.

Group Hawaiian Shirt Picture in Lobby – 2:00 PM Saturday

6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I assumed that this would happen before the auction, like last year, so I gave myself a two hour buffer between my last game of Saturday and the photo/auction. At 2:00, this now falls directly in the middle of one of my slots and, because event submission is closed, my only option is to cancel the event, which I'm not going to do because I have people interested in it. There will also be a E. Gary Gygax Lifetime Achievement Award at 2:30, which I will miss. I really wish this had been announced before Event Submission closed.

In the future, rather than having two events 4 hours apart, I suggest that the photo and presentation be moved up to 5:00pm, so that people can leave a single block open, to attend the photo, presentation and auction. If they don't want to attend the auction, having the events at 5:00pm shouldn't make a difference and they can resume gaming in the 6:00 slot. If they do want to attend the auction, though, they don't have to waste 3 hours in-between doing nothing because they couldn't run or play in a game.

I'd also recommend having the photo after the presentation. That way the presentation can start at a defined time and the photo can be done whenever it ends, before the auction. Just my .02.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Poindexter and JediSoth like this.
  7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Jeebus, how things grow.

8. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Officially one of ten Major Events.

Hopefully the times will stay consistent in the subsequent years for the Saturday afternoon Major Events.

Poindexter likes this.