Hepmonaland

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by gt1, Jul 21, 2009.

1. gt1

gt1 Level 0 Character

So, Luke---Did Gar-Bear ever run your PC's in Hepmonaland? There's virtually no info in the old Greyhawk gazeteers, outside of it being tropical and populated with savages. It's obviously not one of Gary's four continents in and of itself (those would be Oerik, Aquaria/Empyrea, Gonduria, and Suhfang/Kara Tur by what Gar said...), so it could either be a subcontinental area that wraps around from sothern Oerik (which would render the Azure Sea an inland sea similar to the Mediterranean) or, a Greenland-sized island... Just curious if you had any experience there. Greg Timm :geek:

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Oh that sounds familiar, but it was long ago. Ernie and Rob adventured there I believe. My Dad was a huge King Kong fan- the old black and white version. And of course putting medieval-ish types in a steamy jungle presents great opportunity for a DM....

Anyway I am sorry to disappoint, but I can't shed any light on Hepmonaland :cry:

Luke

3. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Sure ... many months after the fact - but I've been away for awhile
    (Came to sign up, in fact - didn't remember that I already HAD. AND posted!) (Drrrrrrrr) :cool:
    Anyway, I just had to pipe in (no future pun intended), 'cuz I got a smile when I read the subject line.
    My DM back in the day always called it "HEMPmonaland!" And it kinda stuck ... :lol:

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

HEMP-monaland reminds of a certain PCS DMG incident :p

Good to see you on the Gary Con forum Lulu!

5. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

::ahem::
    For the record, that was a PCS FIEND FOLIO incident! (the Githyanki staring, mocking me)
    Omg, I just told that story within the last week or so.
    Incredibly funny now, but what a suckstick at the time. SO wrong.
    This was me:

:shock: (super slow-mo) "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"