Hotel Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Dec 26, 2011.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Greetings fellow Garycon goers, this is your roving reporter W. Von Deekin with today's update.......
    Mama & I just got back from making our reservation at The Lodge & we are happy to report it's still there. The hotel staff was very helpful in setting up the same room we had last year so I don't get lost or accidently wander into the wrong room. (Which may happen away if I feel well enough to have a COUPLE Spotted Cows during the festivities.) The Lodge currently has 334 confirmed reservations for this coming years convention. (HOLY COW! Can you say BLOWOUT!) And yes, the restaurant is supposed to be open! The phone numbers provided to us are as follows: Toll Free: 1-800-225-5558 or 1-262-249-3800. I would suggest if you haven't made your reservations you should do so soon! (LIKE, NOW!!)
    Now that Mama's health has improved we are very much looking forward to Garycon 4 & seeing all our gamer friends, old & new.
    See everyone in March!! :D :D

2. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Thanks for the update - wow...334 confirmed. And that's just The Lodge!
    :shock:

3. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Sounds good, thanks.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I look forward to seeing you guys too Deekin! And if memory serves me right- there are only 120 rooms at the Lodge. So there are about 480 room nights possible total. So 330 rooms is like 75% or %80 of the rooms reserved. Not many rooms left! Make your reservations today!

Luke

5. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Gamers are taking over Lake Geneva! It's deja vu all over again! ;)

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

:D Ironically always a funny line. :D

7. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I would guesstimate that the average room has between 2 and 2.5 people (damned savages), so it seem like the Con will have a significant growth spurt this year.

8. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

if a local friend of mine is not able to commit to attending GaryCon IV with me, I may be posting by the end of January looking for a room mate to share the expenses of a double. :|

9. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Just made my reservation today. There are still a few rooms left.

10. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

blackmote, over on the "Roommate wanted!" thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=758&p=9950#p9950), bloodymage seems to be looking as well, in case you hadn't already been aware and/or dealt with it already.

11. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Made mine yesterday and they still had rooms. Looking forward to attending GaryCon IV! :D

12. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

I posted over there as well, but my own issue has been resolved. Thanks for looking out for us though. :)

13. storycrafter

storycrafter Level 0 Character

What am I doing wrong that I was told no more rooms a week ago? Was there an incompatible alignment issue with the lady on the phone? I know my Cha is abysmal, but still...

[EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently last week's conversation didn't include the arcane ritual involved with uttering the words "I'm with the GaryCon group". Booked. Sweet.]

14. mark

mark Spellbinder

Congrats, Storycrafter! They must be close to full capacity now.

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Everything is so much easier when you remember the "magic words." :lol:
    (Congrats here too!)

16. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'm not sure if I can make it to the Con this year or not. Everything hinges on if I can share a room with someone and how much it would cost.

17. Donal

Donal Administrator

Yes, unfortunately, if you didn't utter the phrase "Gary Con," certain hotel employees didn't know what to do.

That being said, we've recently convinced them to add some magic words to their canned language, "Are you with any groups or conventions, sir?"

As of this morning, there are only 12 rooms left for all of the show nights. Do not delay, as I expect these will be gone in another week!

18. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

:lol: