How's it going there in Winsconsin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rizgard the ravager, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hey,

Couldn't help but notice some of the problems you guys are having with your governor. Should we be worried about coming to Gary Con at all?

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Let's just hope everyone's wise enough to focus on D&D and avoid politics.

3. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I am not going to Gary Con for discussions on government or politics, I'm going there so that I can kill things and take their stuff!! ;)

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

I've heard GaryCon exists in a pocket universe.

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

SCREW POLITICS!! ( and the horses that rode in on 'em!) :?
    I'm going to Garycon to run events, play some games & have some fun! :D

6. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Haha, well said y'all.

And bah, I say. Many states have issues/probs with their governors or senators and various other pols.

Here in Illinois, our governors go to jail a lot, but we carry on by smoking cigars, drinking good Scotch, eating pizza and playing D&D!

[I just a few days ago learned who our current governor is . . after voting, I didn't pay any attention to the election results as I was so disgusted with all the candidate!!]

:D

7. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

I think you'll be fine. If the convention were in Libya on the other hand, you might have reason for concern...

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

It does appear to be getting a little lively in the desert.
    & welcome to the forums, Aplus.

9. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

Thank you, thank you. I am very much looking forward to my first gaming con ever!

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Welcome and WOW...that's like knocking it outta the park on your first big league at bat, surviving Tomb of Horrors during your first tabletop adventure, being president for your first REAL job, having Megen Fox for your first girlfriend. I could go on, but ...you get the idea.

11. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

Well, I am blessed enough to live 1 hour away from Lake Geneva, and my cousin lives only 15 minutes away, so I don't even have to get a hotel!

The only issue I am having is that there are way too many great-sounding games going on, many of which I have never tried. Some very difficult choices to be made...

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

That was me last year. GC2 was to be my first con experience ever, but I cheated and went to a local con a few weeks before GC2, thus spoiling my first con event with something far, far, lesser in value. I made up for it with scotch, though. :)

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

The only politics I'm worried about are the machinations of the evil overlords trying to take over the City of Greyhawk!

Plus, I'm too busy turning undead to focus on too many machinations as it is.....

14. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Hee hee. Keep up the good work. Let me know if you need the services of a Paladin to help hack through the masses of ghouls. I know one that can assist! :D

15. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Don't mention ghouls! One year at GenCon Frank Mentzer took out my PC with some ghouls.

The fun part was that there was some "d20" folks playing in the game that had never played Old School AD&D and they didn't realize there was nothing to do once I was paralyzed. They proceeded to waste healing spells by casting them on me and I stayed in character by not saying a word. :lol:

16. Sorry about the post. I personally don't really care about politics either so let's just drop the whole thing. I want to go to Lake Geneva to just game not discuss anything else.

17. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Heh, awesome! Ghouls are one of my favorite monsters. They can lay the mighty low when caught unawares... ;-)

18. Axiom

Axiom Level 0 Character

i like the pocket universe idea.

Gary Con is here for the sole purpose of relaxing and having some old school fun with friends old and new.

And to burn things... I distinctly remember burning things in the mix.

19. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Ghouls? Did someone say they like ghouls?
    Hmmmm....not quite finished my GC adventure yet, and I just looooove things that drain levels and lifeforce.....

20. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yes indeed. I like ghouls, especially when I'm the DM... :) Not so much on the receiving end, though!