Interest in "The Tomb of Horrors" 1st edition?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by osarious, Feb 2, 2012.

1. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I am thinking of running the 1st Edition Tomb of Horrors for Gary Con. My concern is twofold: 1) Will anybody want to play? 2) Will there be anyone playing who has not read it? I could make some tweaks to it, but then it wouldn't be a true Gary adventure.

Thoughts or suggestions?

2. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

there are several old school modules I was never able to play through for one reason or another, even though I have been gaming since Jan 1983.

Tomb of Horrors was one of them. And even though I invested in the 'Return to the Tomb of Horrors' boxed set when it was released, and DM'd about one whole session of it, not even leaving the start village. And I honestly hardly recall any of the reprinted original mod that was included.

That being said, I'd be interested in a go at this while at Gary Con. My only issue now is that I have gotten myself involved in no less than two scheduled games per day, so I'd only be available later at night (after about 10PM).

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

3. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

I have never played nor read it. If this is an after 10 Event I would love to play. I can even make special Power Ring of Gaming for it and you would get a DGS DM ring. Of course this is if you are interested and yes it a bribe :D

MoT

4. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I have ALWAYS wanted to play ToH. I agree that if it's a later night one, I just may be available to play as well.

5. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Getting more tempting. Have to review my schedule. :?

6. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Did I mention there might be cash money in it for you?

MoT

7. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Event has been submitted. (Saturday Night at 10:00 PM). Keep your eye out for the listing. It just needs to be approved. :D

8. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Sounds like it will be a great event Osarious, if you run it late enough I may be at the table.

9. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Saturday Night at 10:00 PM. Thought about it after I re-read my post to include the time.

10. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Sounds like some folks will be keeping the Walking Wet folks company 'til the wee hours of the morning this year :)

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'm there!

This will be great, it will be an event, the DGS guys like Maker and I (and maybe even Silas and Greywolf--I don't want to speak for them but it sounds up their alley) can all be players in if we can all gets seats for. A very nice way to end running our own events on a Saturday night. :D

12. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Gah! I'm in a Cthuhlu game game that wraps at 11 pm. Everyone else have fun!

13. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Man, that does sound like fun. I bet you'll wind up with a full table.

14. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I ran ToH at Gary Con I. There was lots of interest in playing. People have some knowledge og ToH and are always super paranoid when playing. It was a good time. In fact they only made it 1/3 of the way before we ran out of time. Maybe I'll get them to finish up this year.

15. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

So, am I hearing this right? Three tables of Night of the Walking Wet and two tables of Tomb of Horrors... playing through the night Saturday (assuming Melf runs at the same time)... Sweet!

16. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

That would be! I am keeping an eye out for Osarious' event.

17. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

Yessir, that sounds like loads of fun. Sadly, I am not yet free to make my 3rd Gary Con in a row.

18. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

I had volunteered my time on Saturday evening (I believe at 6PM) to assist Tim Kask with my rustic DMing skills by running one of the Gary Con Open events. I'm fairly certain this wraps in about 4 hours. So I'm hoping I can use my Boots of Speed to get to the Tomb of Horrors table before it fills. :eek:

19. mlpeel

mlpeel Level 0 Character

What a contrast: in the "Walking Wet", the players get to announce picturesque deaths for monsters we kill; in ToH, the players get to scream when they suffer picturesque deaths...

20. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Hehe...suckers.... :D