Internal Server Error at Checkout....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erik Olsen, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

2. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

Same here (and hearing the same thing from others...)

3. francisca

francisca Troubadour

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

I got it about 15-20 times before it went thru.

I think it's just bottlenecking a bit as it squeezes people through

5. francisca

francisca Troubadour

went through again, and got my tix for sunday morning.

6. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

This error SHOULD be just a result of the email confirmation stage getting bogged down by the over 2800 orders we got hit with simultaneously. Check your My Account Page and see if your order did, in fact, go through. If not, your cart should still be loaded to try again. If not, post details on the Technical Issues sticky above.

7. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

But it shows me registered for all my events.... I'm not sure what to think, but I took a screen shot anyway

8. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

And now it's:
    Sorry, we do not have enough "Event Ticket" in stock to fulfill your order right now. Please try again in 60 minutes or edit your cart and try again. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

**EDIT: so, it looks like I did get registered for events. In some cases, multiple times for the same event because my cart didn't clear after purchase & I thought I wasn't signed up. How can I cancel tickets for those duplicate events?

9. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

It registered my set 9 times.

10. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

My cart has items, but I'm registered on my registrations. What do I beleive?

11. digitalmystic

digitalmystic Level 0 Character

My account and cart are in a similar state.

12. Contrarian

Contrarian Level 0 Character

I literally can't tell if I got any events. Like an idiot, I resubmitted my order until the error stopped, so I have 4 receipts that say "0 coins for 11 items" but don't list event names. Most of my coins are spent, but I can't tell on what!

EDIT: Found my list of registered events, but it's listing some things 4 times. Now I'm concerned the system gave me too many tickets.

13. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I can't tell if I got nothing or what I wanted multiple times. Very confusing interface. Guessing lots of bugs.

14. mordrin

15. athornton

athornton Footpad

If the email is the most trustworthy indicator, WHOO HOO.

16. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

17. mordrin

Yeah, the email thing is a problem. Did you check for this anyway?
    The other thing is - how does your coin total look? Still full, or was your purchase subtracted out correctly?

PBurke likes this.
  18. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Checked for email and zippo.

Coin total was subtract correctly for the set of events. To be on the safe side I went and snagged another ticket for one of the events just in case.

19. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Screen shots show I got events, Account Summary show jack......

What takes precedence?

Registration gets worse and worse every year......

20. Robert Stoffel

Robert Stoffel Level 0 Character

This is not a flame comment by rather to be constructive. My friends and I chatted this week about going to Garycon ~ Yes/No? We opted for no. The postings in this thread represent a small portion of the participants trying to figure out the "new" system and its hiccups.

Being that it is new and having the collapse of past tries - we just said lets skip it and see what happens.

And 2, the more decisive no vote came from having to pay $65 for a weekend badge to be the first inline of dibbs on events. I am glad Garycon is so popular and has high demand to where it can charge $65 and many will pay that and be rabid at the keyboard registration day for their prime choice events. But not us. 5 guys x $65 would equal a hell of day gaming by a friends house.

I hope those who do attend have a great time and those nail biting for their events today get what they are trying for. Perhaps in the future when things go more fluid. Since Garycon in the past is on the fence about how big it wants go - like say Gencon - this squeeze factor wont be for us.

Again, not a flame, just feedback. May all attendees have a great time.