Is There Open Gaming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ronin84, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Ronin84

Ronin84 Level 0 Character

Will be coming up with one or two others and was wondering, is there room for any open gaming?

Heck, I might just bring my books and be ready to do some GMing myself.

Thanks in advance...

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

Tons of open gaming- with a lot of players to choose from.

Game on... ;)

3. Ronin84

Good news thanks!!

4. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

What games are you thinking of running?

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

So, who besides Luke, is interested in playing some Kill Dr. Lucky? Let me know!

6. Ronin84

I was looking at my B11 and B12 last night...

Might be able to run a game of DnD using those modules or heck I could convert to Pathfinder and run something with that unless there is no interest in PF.

I am open and can take suggestions easily.

7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'll play -- just as long as it's not "Save Dr. Lucky." I always thought it was... pointless.

8. Dripdry

Dripdry Level 0 Character

Sure! We've got a couple other CheapAss games we're bringing, so we could return the favor.
    Also, I know it isn't an older game, but Mad Scientist University could make an appearance.

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Anyone wanna play Cyborg Commando? lol

10. greywolf

D&D is always popular, right. I would prefer that to Pathfinder, but if you prefer Pathfinder or want to try it at GaryCon, see if you can get enough to play that. If not, be ready for classic D&D.

I have played neither B11 nor B12.

11. Ronin84

That's cool with me, I will have more than enough room for some of the basic books and the PF books or even my Castles and Crusades stuff!

12. greywolf

I am interested in trying out Castles & Crusades sometime. I have never played it before.

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Who the hell thought up this topic............
    IS THERE OPEN GAMING?!!!!
    GET SERIOUS!! :p

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

You will get to play, and the Troll Lords will be there too. :D

15. Ronin84

Looking sheepish, I did.

Having not been to this event before and not knowing space limitations....and coming up for just the one day, I needed to ask.

16. silas

silas Chevalier

I'd love to get in on a B11 or B12 game--I've never played either module, but they look like fun.

I should have some open spots for my Classic D&D game "Assault on Karameikos" game Friday morning--I can do 8 players.

Since we don't find out how many people are in our games until we arrive, I won't know until then.

17. seskis281

seskis281 Level 0 Character

I am running 2 C&C games - "A Dungeon for all Who Dare" on Friday evening at 9 PM and another game on Saturday morning, "A Toast to all Ye Dead" set in Casey Christofferson's Haunted Highlands, I believe at 9 AM.

More than welcome to join - I haven't seen pre-regs for it yet but I'm sure a seat will be available!

John

P.S. Will be driving in after my classes are over on Friday, so anticipating I'll get to Lake Geneva around 4 or 5, check in at the Lodge, meander around and say hello to people before my game that night :)

My wife will be joining me later in the evening after she drops our daughter off with family in Rockton for the weekend.

18. Dale

Dale Administrator

I'm glad you asked the question. Many others are coming for the 1st time and would not realize that there will be a lot of open gaming. It is controlled chaos- and just the way I like it.

See you next week!

19. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Only for one day? :( Well one day is better than no days, & Welcome to Garycon if I don't see you. :D

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Dale, everyone knows you can't control chaos. Just organize it. ;)