It's been 2 years today...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

Since we lost Gary. He was a good man... hard to replace those.

I still remember the phone call in Las Vegas that woke me to the sad news.

We gather in 2 weeks time to celebrate his life, and the friendships we have all forged because of him. He proved that one man can change the world. God be with you Sir- you made a difference to so many.

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I know my life would not have turned out the same, and almost certainly not nearly as good, were it not for the influence that Gary's creations had upon me and my friends. He (and his fellow contributor's) helped steer me (and others) away from bad influences and ignited my interest in reading and math (especially with those negative ACs :)) and gave me a good reason to do both.

Thanks, Mr. Gygax...

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

He will continue to be missed.

5. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

Requiescat in pace.

6. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I sure do miss those Thursday nights on the porch... :(

7. francisca

francisca Troubadour

We miss you, man.

8. Dripdry

Dripdry Level 0 Character

Makes me wonder where I'd be if I hadn't found those Second Edition books at Toys R' Us (I kid you not). At age 11,"Gygax? That's a cool name." I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but hopefully we can all give him proper respect by acting how he'd want us to at the Convention.

Thanks Gary, wherever you are.

9. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Thanks for everything, Gary. God Bless!

10. Ronin84

Ronin84 Level 0 Character

The only time I met the man was at GenCon a few years ago at a McDonalds, he was sitting speaking to a few people and noticed others were listening, he spoke up. I believe the conversation was about the politics of the medieval time...good stuff and I enjoyed the mini-classroom.

Rest in peace and thanks for giving me the tools to reach out to others and teach in a game.

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I haven't had the chance to meet him yet. But I will one day. Then I can thank him for the joy he has brought to me for nearly the entirety of my life. It's funny, I can trace the most influential people not known personally by me to Gary Gygax and all three members of Rush. I'm sure there are others, but growing up, it was all RUSH and D&D. :D

12. ghul

ghul Chevalier

R.I.P. Gary. You are missed.

Looking forward to gaming in Gary's honor at Gary Con II. Thanks for putting this thing together guys.

Jeff T.

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I wish I had some Fried Green Tomatoes with which to remember Gary. I remember him telling me he enjoyed them for breakfast. I've always like them but never had them for breakfast until after I met him.

Yep, gotta find me some fried green tomatoes.

God Bless you Gary Gygax.