Jeffery's Early Bird Star Frontiers game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffery st. clair, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised that my Star Frontiers game sold out so quickly... then I checked the schedule more closely, and realized it's the only SF game on the schedule. :oops:

Those folks who signed up - I'm putting pregens together as we speak, and wanted to know, how familiar are you with the rules? Do any of you have the rulebook? What do you need from me (besides a character) to help us get rolling quickly and smoothly?

The SF rules are online and free if you Google them. Bring plenty of d10s - I will.

2. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

I have to admit I was nostalgically suprised to see a SF game and am really looking forward to it! Myself and 2 friends signed up (we've all been gaming buddies since the 1980s) and played SF back then. But...we haven't played since. Will that be a problem? What do you suggest we do prior to the game to make it run smoothly?

3. jeffery st. clair

If you have your own rulebook, bring it along, just in case. That'll speed things up if you need to check out the details of any of your skills. If you don't have a rulebook, I'll make sure all the info you need comes with your characters.

4. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Familiar with the game and system, but I'll be walking in with no on-hand playing experience. I'll have the rules on hand.

5. jeffery st. clair

I forgot to mention, we'll be using the Alpha Dawn rules only - not Knight Hawks or Zebulon's Guide. Fast, simple, and possibly lethal. :twisted:

6. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I've played it twice (once in '85 or '86 and once at Gary Con II). I have the rules and plenty of d10s. I'm ready! I'll be there with a big cup of coffee!

And though I've only played it twice in the last 30ish years, it did leave an impression on me.
    http://vffpublishing.com/my-projects/za ... -of-athos/

Now, I'm not going to say the character on the right behind the girl is a vrusk, but it's possible when writing the story, I may have been allowed some "inspiration" to creep in. :)

7. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Glad to see Star Frontiers in the catalog of events, I ran it last year at Gary Con and had a blast doing so!

8. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

mmm coffee.

9. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Cool. I don't have a rulebook anymore, though I wish I'd saved it (and Cyberpunk, and Marvel Super Heroes...)

Do you think I can download them somewhere?

10. jeffery st. clair

11. Now that I noticed that there was only one Science Fiction game I decided to put in for my Alien Wars adventure using Star Hero. I have a Star Frontiers digitally remastered version that I will probably bring to the Con if there is a pick-up game. Really like the system myself, simple and easy to understand.

12. jeffery st. clair

Oddly enough, I might run my SF game as a pick-up game later in the weekend if there's interest - I have big open chunks of time on Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. I thought about running AD&D pick-up games but looking at the schedule, I don't see the point. :cool: