Last Minute Details

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geekpreacher, Dec 31, 2011.

1. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Well, just double checked on my rooms and also bought a friends badge for him. Looks like will we be arriving at Lake Geneva on Thursday morning and checking in that day. I changed the reservation because I think we are going to stay through Sunday night and leave out on Monday morning. I'm looking forward to it and, if all goes well, we've got at least five of us coming from my area this year. We're hoping to make it a guys gaming weekend but I'm also hoping one year I'll be able to make it a family event as well.

As a side note, I'm cooking right now for my wife's birthday. I have a pork shoulder/butt in the oven roasting away with my own special sauce that includes a nice winter lager. Also basted it with a little cajun spice and honey mix along with a sprinkling of cayenne pepper. It's smelling REAL good right now but I can't cut into just yet.

Here's to all of you having a Happy New Year!

2. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

And you as well, Parson. (Or is it Reverend? Not sure what the difference is, there-- :? )

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Sounds great Preach, and that pork sounds pretty good as well ;)

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Oh, man, the pork went over great. It melted in your mouth. My daughter went back for seconds and thirds. It was probably one of my best recipes yet.

We did get some gaming in this weekend. Played some Red Dragon Inn and have watched quite a few "geeky" movies. I'd already seen Captain America and Thor but not everyone else had so we had a nice little showing of them as well.

Last night I found out my wife's cousins had never seen Big Trouble in Little China so we watched it on Blu-Ray. Lots of fun. It has started out to be a pretty geeky new year so I'm pretty excited about it.

Oh, and for those interested, I answer to GP, Preacher, Parson, Pastor, Hey, YOU! and a few other names that I've been called over the years.....some of which you may not expect. ;)

5. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

can't wait to meet you in person, Preach'. :D

Looking very forward to my first GaryCon visit. I've been scouring the sneak preview of the game listing, trying to decide how best to use my 30 points. I'm going to spend every waking moment possible gaming and testing systems I've not yet had the opportunity to try: Hackmaster, C&C, AS&SH, and others.

The more posts I read from this community the more comfortable I feel about traveling solo to the Con. :)

~Hoyt.

6. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Same here. First Gary Con, but I'm an old hat at going to 'cons solo. My goal is to game, GM, and meet a host of new like-minded folks.