Living Adventure Campaign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir jon, Apr 5, 2012.

1. scorcha

scorcha Level 0 Character

I will be joining the Saturday morning group. Looking forward to playing with all of you, as it will be my first Living Adventure campaign.

2. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

So who ended up in the Thursday session -- anyone else from Harold's group from last year?

3. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

Question for moderators/DMs: Does each session have the same scenario, or is there a different scenario for each session?

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

If all goes as planned, we should have 4 or 5 adventures available (including last year's). We will play scenarios in each sessions according to the level of the characters present as well as which characters have played previously. In future years, we'll have to start listing adventures being played in each slot, so as to minimize any risk of duplication, but this year, it won't be a problem.

5. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if there will be any Living Adventure events this year. I'm hoping so, because the Living Adventure events have been great fun both years I've come to Gary Con.

6. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Yep, once again I am also looking forward to participating in the Living Adventure.

7. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

This sounds like a great time!
    Im guessing this event is VERY popular?
    Can anyone join or is it just for people who have already played at past cons?

8. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

I would be interested in this, but wouldn't want to take a spot from someone who played in past years.

9. Gryph

Gryph Level 0 Character

Harold had more than one session for the Living Adventure Campaign. Sadly, I didn't get to play with the myriad of Johnson's but Harold ran a great game for the session I was in. I hope to play in another session or two this year.

Oh man that doesn't sound right at all :oops: .

10. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

I agree!
    It sounds like there is a lot of interest in this one though.
    Perhaps that means a few more of these events this year???

11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Is it on the list? I'm curious to see if it runs again.

12. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

This is a bump to see if anyone knows if there will be any Living Adventures events this year, and, if so, when they will be posted to the event catalog.

13. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

Is this one?

The Prophecy
    Event ID : 116602
    DM Name : Keith Polster
    Game system : Other
    Castles & Crusades
    Game Type : Role-Playing Game
    Duration : 6 hours
    Start Time : Thursday-4:00pm
    Maximum Players : 8
    Tickets Left : 8
    Description : The lands of Aihrde are crawling with goblins, and to make matters worse the towns along Maine's borderlands are reporting that the children of local villages are being kidnapped? But for what purpose? It is up to you as Epic Gamers to find out the mysteries and motive behind these kidnappings and put an end to them.
    This is the beginning the the Epic Gamers Guild, as listed on Face Book. You will create your charter and as more adventures are released build that character to Epic proportions. As a bonus for those playing in our first adventures you will receive a guild membership for 1 yr and a miniature from Iron Wind Metals compliments of Mike Noe. As stated this is the beginning of something Epic and we hope that you can share this gaming experience with us as the years go by.

14. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

In the immortal words of Eddie Murphy: that's not it.

15. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

I didn't see any Living Adventure events listed ...

16. Dale

Dale Administrator

... there might be hope. We will know this weekend.

17. Dale

Dale Administrator

I spoke to Chris, and there are two Living Adventure events on the schedule for GC VI:

The Living Adventure Campaign
    AD&D (First Edition) Role-Playing Game Various Friday 10:00am 3.5 hours 13 210432 1 GPs, 0 SPs
    The Living Adventure Campaign
    AD&D (First Edition) Role-Playing Game Various Saturday 10:00am 3.5 hours 13 310512 1 GPs, 0 SPs

Are you ready for adventure?

18. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

Do you know whether the living adventure events will be different adventures/scenarios each day or whether they will be the same adventure/scenario on both days?

19. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

IIRC, if you read the description, it indicates that the adventure will be based on who shows up with which characters. You desire may be attainable.

20. shaggykorean

shaggykorean Level 0 Character

hi! i got to play in both this year's games!!

so here's the two pictures i took of the groups.

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 4363_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 8291_n.jpg

i played a half-elf named Wildflower in both. i think i was the only 1st level in both games. another player, his cleric got hit so hard, it woulda killed my druid outright!

i'd love to talk about the games but don't want to spoil anyone. they're really good homemade modules! and the DM's we had were top-notch!!