Looking for nice folks to hang out with a bit...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mythulto, Feb 24, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

There's always next year!! :lol:

2. mythulto

mythulto Level 0 Character

Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome so far. I'm looking forward to meeting you ALL.

3. welleran

welleran Footpad

I am all for the scotch but I think I'll have my pipe rather than a cigar!

...of course I realize the irony that I am smoking a cigar in the avatar photo!

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Looks like I picked the wrong con to give up frakkin'!

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay, I bite. Any vices' left :?:

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Oops. Looks like I picked the wrong con to give up biting!

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Atta boy! Keep it up. You'll be known as Post Whore the III. :lol: :lol:

8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Gary Con is a gathering of friends- even if you don't know anybody before the con starts! That is part of what makes this such a great event IMNSHO. I am really looking forward to seeing many old friends and continuing to meet new ones. I have to fit in some gaming between all the beer, scotch and cigars...

Welcome to the Forums btw!

Luke

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Luke,

Shouldn't we be gaming _with_ the scotch and cigars? I'll bring some Kill Dr. Lucky and we'll set it up over drinks! Or we'll just toss quarters up against the wall....gaming's gaming, right? ;)

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

To answer your question, YES! BUT, after a scotch, or two, will you be able to find the wall?!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'll help find the wall. It may be a team effort after a few glasses of scotch... By the way, I am assuming there is a suitable packaging/alphabet/liquor store nearby? I'd hate for Homeland Security to confiscate my bottle of Caol Ila'...

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I thought I posted the info for you, for Bruno's Liquor store? It's about a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I DID!!

Druvas wrote:
    Lol... I think the rooms are all the same size. At, least no one offered me anything different... I'll open my room to revelry and raucous behavior. I'll even kick in some beverages to sweeten the deal. I'm not familiar with this New Glarus everyone speaks of. What sort of beer would it be? When I to travel to St. Louis for business regularly, I became partial to a Denver double IPA made by Left Hand Brewery. I'm hoping to find a little while I'm in WI...

The only store that may carry that brand is Bruno's Liquors, ph # is 262-248-6095. If you call ahead they may be willing to bring some in for you, if they can get it.

14. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Good gracious, I'm getting forgetful in my old age, lol...

15. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I do enjoy a cigar from time to time, but I'll join you with the pipe.

16. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

Pipe/cigar question doesn't have to be either/or.