Looking for some online players

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by ScottyG, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I am jonesing to run a game, but with my schedule, and working around my girlfriend's schedule, and a new baby, it might be a while before I can run a regular, in-person game. Any volunteers to play an online game?
    I tried to run an online ToEE game once, where the players could play the party, or Temple NPCs, but it became too much of a free-for-all when the majority of the players that signed up wanted to be independent evil characters. I'd like to give that another try, but with more limitations, you either play in the good party, or you play one of the module NPCs. Anybody interested?

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I might be up for that. I am currently playing in a FtF TOEE game so that may impact your decision to admit me (and I won't be offended if that disqualifies me). I just found out that my wife has a bun in the oven so I am likely to be on an ever-increasing restricitive schedule myself. We told our 4 year old Little Fanged One and asked her to keep it a secret. She emphatically promised to keep the secret. About 30 seconds later my daughter blurts out "My Mommy has babies in her tummy" to a complete stranger walking by... Lol... We should have guessed it would go down like that. Now everyone knows... :lol:

3. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Congratulations!

Since the players controlling the ToEE forces will be recruiting, and free to deploy their troops as they please, the encounters should be different enough that some prior experience with the adventure shouldn't be a problem.

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Thanks! I just made my announcement on the General Discussion thread...

Sounds like fun. How do you run your online games? PbP, PbE, on DF? Enough acronyms for you? :) The only online game I have played in was Shonuff's PbP on DF, but that came to an abrupt end. I understand that there are all sorts of online tools for this sort of thing now...

5. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

For the main party, I would expect to use a combination of play by post, probably on my board, e-mail, and if we can get the players together, Game Table software. For the ToEE team, depends on how active the players want to get.

6. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I sent you a PM, Druvas.

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Groovy. I just responded. I crashed early last night. I have been wracking my brain on the False Tomb of Horrors I am working on... That's a tough one to tackle. I have to temper my inner evil DM so that it comes out at least moderately enjoyable for the players.