Looks like it'll be a Gary Con Christmas!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sniderman, Dec 19, 2012.

1. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

2. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Sounds great!

I'm wondering how the Tower of Gygax is going to work at Gary Con. I might like to run the scenario that I created for the original event organized by Keith Baker abut 4 years ago. I don't know that my scenario has ever used, because in the great binder of ToG adventures, it appeared that my map for Chasm of the Faceless Lord was not included; nor did I see it in the big Tower of Gygax PDF collection. I'd like to rectify that and maybe run the event at the con. I fondly remember running it for my home group, killing one of the PCs in less than 5 minutes! :)

3. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

First up, it's great to see The Tower returning. I'll need to wear my ToG shirt and sit in for a few encounters. (There's a ToG PDF collection?!?)

Next up, I think that would make a great fundraiser -- a handful of 30-40 random Tower of Gygax room encounters (donated by the respective writers), bound up as a kind of one-off printed collection. Or perhaps there could be a Tower of Gygax "restocking" drive where each attendee of Gary Con V could contribute one new room encounter for future ToG runs. Could be fun to contribute to the cause!

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

5. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Which is why I'm parked on the Event Schedule listing today! ;) Looks like there's a single page in place right now, but the current event list hasn't been posted (except for a handful of them right now).

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Good. It looks like they have gotten a start on getting the events approved and up on the website for advance viewing. I suspect more will follow in short enough order. :)

7. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Hope so! I'd like to see where my event is scheduled so I can make some plans! :D

8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Has the sneak peek been posted yet?

9. mordrin

Maybe. Or sort of.

I'm not really sure.

There's a couple dozen events up in the Events Catalog, but earlier someone said they had about 100 submitted. So maybe they're only partially approved/processed at this point. Or maybe the intent of the Sneak Peek was never to display everything? I don't know.

10. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Greeting All,

The sneak peek is slowly sneaking its way out onto the website. The holidays, work and family commitments have delayed us a bit. We will be posting them up piecemeal in the coming days. All will be up NLT 17 JAN 13.

Please continue to submit your events so we can get them reveiwed and into the electronic event catalogue when pre-reg opens!

Luke

11. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

OK, not to be a nooge, but I don't know how to read this. Is it Jan. 13? Jan. 17, 2013 (with a day/month/year format)? And what does NLT stand for?

12. welleran

welleran Footpad

No Later Than January 17th, 2013.

13. mordrin

Not Later Than Jan 17, 2013

14. mordrin

psst - the schedule has Michael running Love Boat and KISS at the same time

15. Dale

Dale Administrator

He can do it. He's a beast when he multi tasks. ;)

16. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

He's running them concurrently. He'll be dressed as Captain Stubing dressed as Gene Simmons.