Luke, what pays the bills?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Druvas, Jun 18, 2009.

1. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

I'm a newscast director at the CBS affiliate in Rockford, IL...Actually, it doesn't really pay the bills...But it helps a little... :?

2. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

I've always been Trans. I actually joined in as an OCS enlistment option after a buddy of mine (Marine Corps reservist) was called up in 2004 and was in the second battle of Fallujah. Anaconda has grown - if you pull it up on Google Earth, you'll get an idea - but even that imagery is probably 3 years old and doesn't have a lot that was there as of last year. The old Saddam-era bunkers are all still there, so those you'd recognize, as well as the old Iraqi air force facilities (the one room theater, track, etc.). The rest would be like night and day to OIF 1.. Just while I was there, they built a completely new perimeter fence and new north ECP, not including buildings, CHU's, airstrip improvements, etc.

Andy

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hello and Welcome Andy!

So we will have atleast three transporters at Gary Con II. I am getting picked up as a filler for a SUS BDE and I will start pre-deployment training at the end of March. I am hoping that I can still take leave to attend Gary Con this year. Chances are slim for me being there for Gary Con III though :cry:

4. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'm a gigolo. But enough about my personal life. To pay my bills I'm a network analyst for Walgreens.

5. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Thanks for the welcome Luke!

Sounds like you are running my last 2 years in reverse. My deployment last year was with 213th ASG; we were the SB in LSA Anaconda and I was the SPO Trans day operations officer. This deployment was with 328 BSB in a direct support role to thr 56th SBCT and later the 2/1 BDE (Trans Platoon Leader and LST Leader). Good times.. I'm pretty familiar with both VBC and western Baghdad and LSA Anaconda / Diyala province if you end up in either of those scenic resort locations ; )

Andy

6. oldgamergeek

oldgamergeek Level 0 Character

Preacher, yup another one of those. Small business owner and full time care giver for elderly parent.

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Welcome to the forums O.G.G. :)

8. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Quality Assurance Manager for my location of a multi-billion dollar plumbing wholesaler.

Not glamorous, but helps pay the bills.

9. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Hey, this bump reminds me - are you at the Deerfield office, and does Walgreen's employ any statisticians at Chicago locations?

10. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

For me: Disabled vet/college student/occasional writer. And, no it's not all loans. It's mostly grants and scholarships.

11. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'm the information architect for all technical documentation at Juniper Networks: it's fun, pays the bills, and supports the hobby :D

12. paladin1128

paladin1128 Level 0 Character

Third shift Sergeant for a local police department.

13. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

I work tech support for BP/Arco gas stations.

And before you ask, no the oil rig wasn't my fault.

:mrgreen:

14. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I thought I smelled something fishy.

15. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

Unfortunately flannel doesn't absorb as much oil as they needed. My suggestion was turned down.

:lol:

16. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

What pays the bills is my job as a Catalog Production Coordinator for a hardware industry trade organization here in Indianapolis.

I wear three other hats:
    • ENnie Awards Submissions Coordinator & Publisher Relations - www.ennie-awards.com, the main RPG-industry awards given out at Gen Con every year.
      Pathways Advertising Manager - Pathways is a free e-zine published by Rite Publishing in support of the Pathfinder RPG.
      Writer - I'm working on publishing my first novel. It's a fantasy novel (though more fast-paced and pulpy than the typical epic doorstop that gets published these days) and is currently being edited. I'm working on getting maps and cover art ordered for it.
    . I plan to offer it for sale on the Kindle by the end of the year, and probably in print through Amazon by then, as well. I've also had some game material published by Rite Publishing, but nothing major.

17. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Write financial research for an investment bank.

18. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

19. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

You just made all that up, didn't you?

20. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

For a guy who does something I can't pronounce or spell, he's very passionate about his work. It was very interesting sitting down and listening to Luca talk about it. Quite an interesting fellow and I don't know if you could pay me enough to do the work that he does.....