Luke's been planning and scheming...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

Look for Luke to make an announcement in the near future about Gary Con II!

He's been busy finalizing some important details for the 2010 gathering. Start making your plans to attend. I can't say much more (sworn to secrecy) under penalty that if I blabbed I'd be the door guy in a toga for the entire event!!!

Is it March yet? :p

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Looking forward to it! :D

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

We appreciate your restraint.

Really.

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I want neither you nor Luscious Maximus anywhere near togas, Dale. Unless, of course, you have Roman toga GIRLS with you.

So... how long do we have to wait for the big announcement?

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

Actually, upon talking to Luke again (he has seen this thread)- it seems like if I say ANYTHING more my "toga" will consist of only this:

[​IMG]

:eek:

So out of modesty, I won't reveal anything- so everyone can breathe a sigh of relief.

But, Gary Con II is shaping up to be even better than the first by all the cool events planned. I know, in my heart, that Gary would be proud. So make plans, schedule your vacations and we'll see each other again in March.

//One tiny tid-bit... The t-shirt is going to be awesome again! Luke is trying to get (can't invoke his name- for fear of the fig leaf) to do it. If so, everyone will probably want a couple extra.

6. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

So... That one small fig leaf will obscure everything? ;)

I can't wait to make the trek!

7. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Not to be a nag, but the sooner I get a date for the convention, the better. :D

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I would guess the first weekend in March, 2010. Probably friday, saturday & sunday, BUT, that's just a guess. :) Now I must go & place a call to Mother Nature, for proper weather conditions. (Last year I tried a collect call & look what happened?) :D

9. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I am going to lock in the date and location next week. It is likely to be the 3rd weekend due to availabilty of the venue- but it is not locked in yet. So hang loose for now and I will blast out the info when I get it.

Then as soon as the pre-registration function is up on this site- do it. You will be able to sign up for events before Gary Con. I bet Frank's, Jim's and Tim's games will fill up fast. Also Paul Stormberg has committed to running a couple Chainmail scenarios! Gary Con II promises to be even more exciting than Gary Con I- if such a thing is possible. :!:

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

If nothing else the weather should be a little warmer by then. Will that still be early enough for out- of-towners to get a good hotel rate? Just thinking ahead. ;)

11. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Thanks for all your hard work, Luke. I'll keep tuned in.