March 18th, 2010?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Jan 1, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

So, is there any plans for a pre-Garycon gathering at Ye 'Next Door Pub' on the date mentioned above? Just a'wondering? (This way Dale doesn't have to man-the-door & gets to interact with people.) :lol:

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I'm hoping to arrive on the 17th but don't know if I'll be able to make it over on the 18th. I'm planning on visiting with a friend that day but if I can talk him into coming it would be loads of fun. Of course, he'll be there on Friday anyway.

It just seems there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done that you'd like to. :(

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

I was hoping to get some beer & pretzel games, like Wiz-War, in on the 18th but you know what two things go really well with beer & pretzel games? I could give you two hints . . .

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Well Mark, I am stumped. I will have some beer and pretzels andthink about that one at the Next Door Pub on Thursday Night (18 MAR 10).

Yes there is a gathering at the Next Door Pub the Thursday before Gary Con. All of you that show up early are welcome to stop by. Elise (sister) reserved the back room for us and even ordered up some desert items :D The main course and beveridges are up to you though. The room holds up to 50 people- so bring a friend.

Luke

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Groovy! I arrive late morning on the 18th. What's a fella to do round' them there parts during the day? I love beer and pretzels (and desert :D ) so that should work out well for the evening. :D

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Whatelse? We work. :)

7. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Shop the downtown, hang out by the lake if the weather cooperates, eat and drink at a variety of restaurants, catch a movie, or play a round or two of mini-golf if that's your thing. Downtown there's a library, too, if you want to read for a while.

Are the boat tours of the lake running in March? The boat tours are a fun date (maybe not as much fun solo) if the weather's nice. You can get a lakeside view of Stone Manor where the Gygaxes lived for a time.

I'll be at the Pub that Thursday evening.

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I believe the boat tours don't begin until the first weekend in May, or maybe it's April. I don't recall them running in March. :?

9. Dale

Dale Administrator

The last two years the Lake has been frozen in March.

10. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

So.. does anyone else appreciate the humor of this situation?

How many times has this happened in a game:
    The night before the adventure, the party meets in a tavern.

The question is who will be playing the party of the mysterious stranger NPC who sits in the shadowed corner and is quite obviously the one to ask about latest rumors about the dungeon? ; )

11. mark

mark Spellbinder

Ice fishing, then? :D

I'll get there sometime on Thursday afternoon and plan to scrounge up a game of something with somebody, perhaps by the pool or a card game of some sort in the lobby or restaurant? Lake Geneva is a beautiful place. My mother, in particular, used to love to spend a few days there every year in the fall before she passed. But, I will be there to game so I'll skip the movies and whatnot until I return home (no offense to anyone who likes to keep some variety in their activities, of course).

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

ha ha! :D

13. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

They used to have one of the few remaining well-stocked, old school video arcades. Not sure if it's still open.

also http://www.lakegenevawi.com/Activities/ ... spx?sc1=25

14. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Hmmmm, I wonder if they'll let me check into my room a day early! ;) Having some beer before the first day of gaming with you guys sounds like fun. Maybe I'll see if my friend will be willing to peel himself away from everything and come with me. It would be a blast.

(And, man, am I counting down the days. It's been a busy past few months and I'm looking forward to this little vacation.)

15. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Still firming up my attendance, but it's looking good; not sure about a day early, though, since that = another hotel night.

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

It's been closed down for some time. :cry:

17. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Bummer. I enjoyed lakeland video arcade as a young teen. And I got to enjoy the very same video games as an adult whenever I went back to LKG.

18. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I know of at least two of the CT'ers that will be Wisconsin-bound earlier than the con, so we'll probably see you all at the club, provided we survived St. Paddy's Day.

19. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'm not planning on arriving until Thursday evening, so no pre-con hanging out for me. Looking forward to all the gaming that weekend, though.

20. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Same deal for my crew. We're leaving on the 17th from MA/NH. Should be a fun ride!