March 18th, 2010?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I don't know what to play or how much of the games I am into will be available so I will certainly be happy to run or participate in some good old fashion 1st edition classic modules on a pick-up game basis.

How do people feel about a pickup game whilst drinking at the pub? Too nerdy, or just what y'all were thinking?

2. dekelia

dekelia Level 0 Character

Pickup game while drinking at the pub is exactly what I was thinking :)

To nerdy...like that's possible at this point, ;)

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

We should have the back room reserved for us- so I think a game would work.

As far as time goes- I imagine folks will be there at 6 PM on the early side and probably slip out around 11PM or so. Foe me it depends on how much last minute tasks I have to get done before enjoying a cold one.

We should look out for each other and get a DD to shuttle from NDP to hotel.

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Do you think I need to change my reservation with the hotel or should I be able to just pop up a day early? It doesn't really matter but it might be helpful.

Oh, and is anyone bringing their wives to the get together on the 18th? If my wife comes, I wouldn't want her stuck in a room with a bunch of male gamers though she does game. She'd enjoy being around a more diverse crowd. ;)

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

1) I would at least contact the hotel & ask them. Cover your bases, right?

2) Yes, Mama (Dale) is coming with me to the Next Door Pub. Beside, she's my designated LGPD evader & to do this I had to bribe her with an Italian Beef. :D

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

You and your thinly veiled metaphors . . .

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I meant FOOD!!

The other would be a Polish sausage.

Wait a minute?

I still may mean food?

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

It's why those of us who are flatlanders are heading north. :)

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I knew there had to be some reason for all that northbound traffic on I-94 during the weekends. :lol:

10. Melf

GP- I expect my sisters Elise and Heidi to be there and possibly a couple female family friends as well. There may be a few "civilians" in the Pub to leaven the Geek Fest a little ;)

11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

So... no treks to the Sugar Shack?

12. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Great. I'm still hoping the wife will be able to come but, sadly, she's had to burn through some sick days during this winter. For some reason, the kids have gotten repeatedly sick this year. (Personally, I think it's because our 7 month old is in daycare. I think those places are a breeding ground for germs.)

13. Melf

Oficially- no. I am a happily married man.

14. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

With a name like that, I'm almost afraid to ask.

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Someone should open a candy store down the block from this place & use te same name. :shock:
    Now there'd be some $$$ to be made.

16. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Mrs. Melf and the Melflings. :mrgreen:

17. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I bet some of those girls know how to role play really well, too.

18. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I want one to pretend she's an Otyugh.

19. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

THANKS!! :x Now I gotta go pull out my old Monster Manual. Hope there's a picture of it.

20. Melf

You don't know the Otyugh! For shame Deekin!

Otyugh's eat pretty much anything and are handy garbage disposals in dungeons and caverns. As I recall they have three legs and two tentacles with spade like shapes on the end. They have a sort of eye stalk on their hershey's kiss shaped body. I believe that Dave Sutherland did the art in the MMI. I always liked that pic (or is that the neo-otyugh?)