Monopoly Gets A Redesign

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wcw43921, Feb 5, 2010.

1. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

Article

Now I tend to be one of the purists the article mentioned--that's why I never got the point of those licensed versions like NASCAR or NFL or Star Trek or Lord Of The Rings. Still, this does seem to keep the original street names, and the object remains the same--for you to succeed while everyone else fails. On the other hand, the lack of Chance or Community Chest cards means that there's no Uncle Pennybags in this game--and I was always fond of that fellow.

I might try it, if the opportunity arises. How about everyone else?

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Was the 4e design team working on this one too? :twisted: ;)

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Looks like it should be called Monopoly: US Congress Edition. :lol:

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
    I 've heard the gameboard looks like a merry-go-round.

5. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Booooooooo! Hissssssssssssss! This is one of the worst designs I've seen for this game. I hope something bad happens to the people who had the bright idea to ruin a classic.

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Well, ones are never fun, so the game now uses five sided dice numbered two to six. Plus, Chance and Community Chest are abolished because bad fortune can only reasonably do so much to you before the end of any struggle. Also, rent, house and hotel buying, and passing go are now all classified as "powers." Original Monopoly was never really entertaining anyway but the game remains zee same!