My mother in laws christmas gift

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pana, Dec 28, 2010.

1. pana

pana Level 0 Character

So this christmas was to say the least very chaotic. But none the less I managed to get my Mother in laws christmas village complete with 2 hours to spare before she woke up christmas morning.

This peice sits 6 foot by 2 foot with a mountain. it is a total of 6 inchs high at its tallest point. the slope for the train is 2 percent up and down. It was made with Hirst arts cobblestone, gothic brick and accessories, and some fieldstone. As well joint compound on the mountains and some flocking. The buildings and people where bought over the years. I added the lighting, Fire Station and lighting along with the foundation this year. I know the train and people are not to scale, but after all its a christmas village!

It is not 100 percent complete. I still have some detail work I need to finish, but it was complete enough for her to see it christmas morning. Inclosed are some pics I hope you guys like them
    detail work to include cleaning up the lines for the modular peices, fixing the velcro stickies, gluing the track down, run wiring better. In essence I want the 6 peices to be picked up and stored and every year you just need to connect the track, add buildings, and add people and its easy to set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some work in progress pics and some other full terrain shots if you guys want to see them as well. Enjoy.

Pana

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Very nice. Now some 54mm orc figures need to be added as an invasion force, then let the dice fly high! :)

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Most interesting use of Hirst Arts' molds I've ever seen.