New game just added

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silas, Mar 8, 2010.

1. silas

silas Chevalier

Instead of the Warlord of Mars board game (which is going to take too long and run into other timeslots), I am going to run the following adventure:

Assault on Karameikos
    A D&D adventure for 6-8 players, levels 12-15
    This adventure uses elements from the D&D Companion and Master sets.

In an effort to improve relations between the Empire of Thyatis and the Kingdom of Karameikos, King Stephan arranged to have his youngest son Valens marry the Emperor’s daughter Stefania in a solemn ceremony later this summer. However, for reasons unknown, the engagement fell apart (there are rumors of infidelity and churlish behavior on the part of young Valens). This has strained relations between the two powers.

Your party has been sent on a diplomatic delegation to Thyatis in an effort to ameliorate the situation. King Stephan has ordered you to deliver gifts to the Emperor and his family. To ensure the success of the mission, he has sent you, Lord Devon, and the Minister of War Zandra Sulanov, to lead the mission. You have brought along some additional muscle in case things get ugly—adventurers and former partners you trust. The night before you cross into the Thyatian Empire, you find yourselves in Rugalev Keep, a dark fortress on the eastern end of the kingdom. The keep has a foul reputation—some say it is haunted by a ghost, vampire, or worse. Nevertheless, it is an important military outpost, and a safe place to stay.

This will be run in the 9am timeslot on Friday. Pre-generated characters will be supplied.

Anyone signed up for Warlord of Mars is automatically signed up for this, but I can also accomodate a few other people.

2. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

If you still have a spot open at the table, I would love to play.

3. silas

silas Chevalier

I have a spot open for sure

Welcome

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Did you run this at GenCon last year?

5. silas

silas Chevalier

Yes I did

But I'll probably change a few things for GaryCon

did you play in the GenCon game?

6. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Nope, it was on my shortlist. I think it lost out to a WWII air combat miniatures game with the guys from the 19 and 1 gaming club.

7. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Cool to see another Karameikos fan : )

Sounds like a blast of a game too.. Unfortunately I've never played the Companion or Master rules - only mined them for their dominion rules for use with AD&D back in the day.

Andy

8. Ah, bummer. My wife is a big John Carter fan and she was really looking forward to playing this. Do you think you could do a pickup game?

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'm totally bringing my Rules Cyclopedia now.

10. silas

silas Chevalier

The Karameikos game will feature:

1. Mass combat rules (depending on what direction the adventure goes)
    2. Weapon mastery
    3. General skills

Pretty much anything in the RC is fair game.

As for the John Carter game, the issues were the length of time it takes to play and the complex rules which require a huge amount of explanation. It's a fun game, but hard to pull off at a convention.

Nevertheless, I will bring it with me in case anyone wants to do a pickup game outside the normal time-slots, etc.