New Podcast Idea

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by red wizard, Jan 14, 2012.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hey all, I am getting into the podcast thing, started with getting a rig together for the upcoming Dead Games Society podcast (yep, it's coming! :) ) but I have also been toying with the idea for doing a second one that combines my other hobbies. Because of time constraints I figured why not just make a Frankenstein-ish conglomeration of several things I like and that I know others also like, like gaming, grilling and drinking--well good drinking at least, meaning good beers, wine, and whiskies. Maybe even touching on home brewing.
    So my question is two-fold; first being, would this be an interesting format and second would there be any interested co-hosts out there who might want to meet up during Garycon to discuss this idea or even people who would be interested as guests or collaborators?

Also, I have a nice podcast rig, Mackie mixer, Zoom H4n, microphone, etc.. but not real sure yet how to make it all work together yet. Any experienced podcasters out there who might want to meet up at Garycon and lend me some of their experience?

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I might be interested. I have ZERO podcasting experience, but I do have an interest.

You might want to check out Flagons & Dragons. Carl Bussler is putting out a series through that Podcast on how to get started with podcasting. I'm sure he'd be happy to answer questions you have since the webseries only has one episode in the can (another is waiting for editing).

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Thanks Jedi, I'll check it out. The idea hit me because of a great chat I had at Garycon III last year while sitting at the hotel bar the first night I arrived. I was sitting back after my drive, enjoying a beer and somehow ended up in an impromptu conversation with a couple other gamers who turned out to also be fellow grill enthusiasts. In no time at all, we were sharing tips and tricks and anyone passing would have thought we had known one another all our lives.

Tell you what, find me at the con and we'll talk more on this idea. Maybe we can even get Kask and Mentzer on the show to talk grilling and/or reveal who at TSR, back in the day, was known as the best outdoor cook. ;)

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Hopefully I'll see you at the DGS meetup. If not, I'll try to sign up for one of your games at the very least.

5. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

Good ideas on both podcasts. I would listen. Both sound like they would be the perfect format for lots of guests, sharing their expertise on the topic of that podcast.

I remember the hotel bar on the first night. And that is a good thing. LOL.