New Venue... Rooms or Open Area?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gronan of Simmerya, Sep 13, 2015.

1. So, I'll be honest, I haven't been at the new GaryCon site since GenCon 1977.

Back then I seem to remember an area with a lot of fairly small rooms conveniently sized for one game. Considering the noise in the large game areas at the last site... the ONLY disadvantage... the idea of having a room with only one game in it is very appealing.

So what's the physical layout of the new place like? Any chance of subdividing the gaming area up to help keep noise down?

2. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

wasn't it the playboy club in 1977?
    diaglo "private rooms... whoa" Ooi

3. ScottEDouglas

ScottEDouglas Level 0 Character

I've seen the new venue, and it's amazing. We'll have much more total area available but those rooms will be multi-table. Some of the rooms will have as few as 4-6 tables but the larger rooms will likely have a dozen or so. However, the noise reductive qualities of the rooms are strong. Four board-type rooms will be dedicated to large and special games. These will be single tables, but very large ones indeed (12-15 total seats). I suspect these will be hard to reserve, so submit your game proposals as soon as possible.

My understanding is that players and gamemasters will be able to order reasonably priced food and drink directly to their tables, like room service, instead of being forced to go to a retail counter.