New Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

I hope you all find that our new website makes your Gary Con experience much easier going forward. It's still a work-in-progress, but hard hats and steel toed boots are no longer required to navigate it. So I'm sure you'll continue to see some minor updates and upgrades over the next few weeks.

If you identify any errors or bugs, please email us immediately through the main website. We appreciate all of your patience during the last few months as we completed this transition period and look forward to Gary Con IV in only a few short months (well, not quite a few, but we're just a tad over 5 months away)!

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Looks good.

Note that to get into the forums, I had to clear my old garycon.com cookies.

To do so in firefox (I'm using version 7.0.1), click Tools, then Options to bring up the Option dialog box.

From there, pick the privacy tab, the click on "remove individual cookies"

You'll get a new window. In the search box, enter garycon.

Highlight all the entries that appear, then click remove cookie in the bottom left hand corner.

3. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I had the same problem as Francisca. But I'm good to go now. I must say the new board is much brighter and I really like it.

Derek

4. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

Fantastic job on the site.

5. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

The new site looks great! And thank you Francisca for enabling me to post and I discovered I have some housecleaning to do on this machine. I'm flat broke at the moment, but I'll be purchasing a badge and submitting events as soon as the eagle flies. So, no experience from past attendance, eh? Lookin' forward to a great weekend of gaming.

6. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Looks good -

PS - Thanks francisca for the cookie tip.

7. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Huzzah! It...is...ALIVE!

And yeah, I had to clear my old cookies too before the board would keep me logged in.

8. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

New site looks awesome. I also encourage everyone to take the survey as there's some special incentive at the end. ;)

9. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Donal tipped me off about it, so he should get some credit as well.

10. rredmond

rredmond Level 0 Character

I hear if you chill the chocolate chip cookie batter before baking it makes for a crispier cookie...

:mrgreen:

11. Dale

Dale Administrator

Great job to Chris (aka Donal) for all the hard work in getting the new site up & running!

This new site gives us the online vehicle to promote, manage, and have fun with the Gary Con gathering. Thanks to everyone that has supported the reason why we gather each year in remembrance of Gary. We could not continue to do this without you. Much love!

12. welleran

welleran Footpad

Site looks great - easy to navigate and use!

13. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I think I liked the dark colors with light text better, but it's not something that'll keep me away. Only if aesthetics get in the way of functionality, which these certainly do not.

14. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

website looks awesome! I should be registering for my badge in the next few days. :D woot!

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I'm back!!!

New site looks great!

16. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

So far so good. Thanks to Rick for the cookies info... but of course, now I want some ginger snaps.

17. Donal

Donal Administrator

I have updated my Global announcement with the Cookie removal procedure for several browsers.

18. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Curiously, I didn't need to clear my cookies to post.

Is there an option to allow me to go back to the old color scheme on the forums?

19. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I would be interested in this as well.

20. Donal

Donal Administrator

While phpBB has some built-in functionality for what you suggest, due to some custom modifications made to the software to combine it with the main site, the old style was generating a few formatting errors when I recently tested it. I will put this on my to-do list, but it will be a bit further down on it.