Newspaper blurb about Gary's Memorial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by francisca, Aug 4, 2009.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

http://gazettextra.com/news/2009/aug/01 ... ke-geneva/

2. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

So Luke, will Gail be at Gary Con II this year? It would be good to see her there. :)

3. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Nice article, but I think a follow-up with Gary Con and fund/donation info would help.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I missed these last posts on te monumnet. Here is a belated answer!

Yes we are working closely with Gail on a monument for Dad in Library Park in Lake Geneva. Gail has put together a team of folks to assist with the effort. Gary Con will continue to gather funds first to perpetuate Gary Con every year as a tribute to our Dad. All funds collected above and beyond will be donated to the monument. The exact design and location are still pending, so I can't give more details- but from what I know it will be even better than our original concept rolled out at Gary Con I. I am personally very excited about it.

And Gail is planning on coming to Gary Con II- and she has been invited to hold a Q&A session.

Luke

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thank you so much for the update, Luke. I really think it's awesome the way your whole family is trying to honor your father and his memory. To see the sense of love Gary's family has for him, imnsho, is as strong (or stronger) a testimony to his legacy than anything else he may have done.