NFL Football - Who is your Team?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dale, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Dunno, I'll tell you when I see it. ;)

It was bad. Had I not been watching the game, I could have sworn they were using a sieve to hold back water. That's how easily they were getting through the line. Sadly, I can't recall the last time I saw a game where the quarterback got sacked ten times.

2. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I can. It was the Giants that time too. Against the Eagles. they got 12.
    Quick search says in was September 2007.

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

The question the *entire* football world wants to know...

Can the Dolphins pull off a win to be 3-1 tonight? Go Fish!

//Okay. Maybe a bit of hyperbole there, but you get the point. :p

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

And I was so pleased with Henne's performance in that loss to the Jets. Wow... what a bleeding rout.

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

I think Hudson said it best: "Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events; but we just got our asses kicked, pal!"

2nd half was our beat down.

6. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

That's what the Eagles fans said. And then Vick ended up being the poop in a poop sandwhich. We can pinch Rodgers, too. :D

7. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Guess we know who let the dogs out.

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

:lol: Sad, and yet, still funny.

9. ghul

ghul Chevalier

The Patriots will prove that the dynasty is not over! You heard it here first!

:D

10. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yeah, they crushed the Dolphins badly. Good game Pats.

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I managed to gobble up Peyton Manning and Tom Brady (and even Carson Palmer, not that he is a superstar anymore) for my fantasy team. So far, while Tom is doing pretty well, Manning is out passing and out scoring him. I'm just glad that I can deny someone else the joy of having one of those two guys on their team! :twisted:

12. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Steelers got a bye this week. But Big Ben will be back next week, and we have the lowly Browns on the schedule.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Man, all kinds of upsets this week. The Raiders beat the Chargers? Wow! Saints lose to Arizona? Really? Packers lose to the Redskins? Well, that's no surprise because the Redskins look to be the most awesome awesomeness that was ever awesome! ;)

14. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Respect the silver and black. "What'choo gonna do when Raidermainia runs all over you?" :lol:

15. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'm gonna pray you start Campbell. :lol:

16. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Just win, baby.

17. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yeah, that Saints loss would make you think I actually watched the game! (It seems that whenever I watch the Saints they lose & when I'm not watching they win. Crazy, eh?)

18. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Damn, that's cold. lol

19. Rex

Rex Footpad

This has been an annoying year for upsets. I hate losing in the League and the Pools because certain Teams *cough GREENBAY cough*, can't perform to the numbers, while other folks are running roughshod over me with selections based on what team looked cuter in their uniform (never get into Fantasy Leagues with Women......*grumbles*)....

Fortunently, at least COLLEGE FOOTBALL, is making sense this year.

~Rex...Go Big Ten

20. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Steelers won. Dolphins won. Patriots won. Redskins abd Bears, not so good.
    I read a humorous quote from Steelers linebacker James Harrison about knocking out Browns wildcat quaterback Josh Cribbs: "You hate to see anyone down like that, but then you realize he just went to sleep for a little bit and he came out of it and he's going to be OK". And about knocking out Browns reciever Mohamed Massaquoi he said, "I was in the right place at the right time. It was zone coverage, and he ran through my zone ... That was a good, clean, legal hit. I put my head across the bow. To be honest, I laid off him a little bit. I could have put a lot more into him."
    Dale, are your Dolphins ready for some of that, and a rejuvenated Steelers offense too?