NFL Football - Who is your Team?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dale, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, I am so glad that the Fish won! Too bad for Da Bears though- and I don't fault Cutler as much as his entire Offensive Line. He has over 20+ sacks this year! At this rate he will not survive the season, and will be out with injuries.

Funny quote I heard from Mike & Mike this morning. Five words to describe your team. Texan fan: Glad we are not Dallas." :D

2. ghul

ghul Chevalier

I'm happy to be done with Moss and have Branch back in the fold. Moss is a hall of famer who makes great highlight plays. Branch is a hard worker who wins superbowls.

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Will Da' Bears be able to handle the Redskins? I think the Skin's will steam roll their O line, and thus Cutler. The question is, will Forte be a factor? I'm torn on this as I am a die hard Skin's fan but I have Forte and Johnny Knox on my fantasy team...

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

What's Chicago's favorite pastry? I thought it was a bear claw, but their love of turnovers showed today. :lol:

5. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Tough call at the end of the Steelers Dolphins game, but to quote Mike Tomlin, "We will take it and exit stage left".

6. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Lol. Ain't that the truth. Preach it, brutha! Cutler looked the absolute worst I have ever seen him. And as I predicted, da' Bears O-line failed and Forte was not a factor. Hopefully, the Redskins D moved up a few ranks in awesomeness this week. :mrgreen:

7. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Go Pack. :twisted:

8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I am happy that the Bears managed to beat the Bills and I got to see the game :p

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

You mean they still get television coverage? :shock:

10. Dale

Dale Administrator

This Thursday night the two TITANS of football clash!

Yes, it was bound to happen. The god favored Miami Dolphins square off against the much beloved mortal Chicago Bears. The battle is set, and before the teams muster on the field I throw a challenge to Luke-- winner buys the beaten a tasty six pack of their choice. Mmmm... New Glarus.

On this night two face off- and one will overcome. I hear the chants from above; "Go Fish!"

What say you Luke?

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Hah! That's funny, Dale. After last nights humiliating defeat for my beloved Redskins, I'm ready to throw in the towel on this season. Something you may find amusing, though; On the way to drop my kids off at school this morning, my 5 year old daughter asked me if I could get her a Dolphins jersey. I almost spit my OJ out. Apparently she likes dolphins so much she has adopted the team as her new favorite. I would try and break her of that but, really, my heart just isn't in it to talk up the Redskins right now. Perhaps her brother will beat the Dolphins out of her with this ;) :
    [​IMG]
    If you can't tell, it's a Nerf 3-flanged mace. lol...

12. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Dale: I think his answer will be 72-hour desk duty. lol

Dru, I'm glad you clarified it was the Nerf mace and not the baby that he would be using. :eek:

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

@Druvas... That is awesome she chose the Fish! You've got one smart kid there. :D

And yes, that was an Epic beat down Monday night. So, I'd be a bit shell shocked too had it been the Dolphins.

@Emperor... I will probably be "assigned" to be at the door even when we are closed over night. But, if my Fish win at least I'll have 6 lil' friends to keep me company. :p

14. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Better space 'em out at 2 hours a bottle. lol

15. Melf

I'll double that challenge to 2 6 packs of the winners choice. I am confident that the Bears are going to hook the fish and leave them flopping on the beach on Thursday night. :evil:

BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!

16. Dale

Dale Administrator

I like the confidence, and of course I accept. Go Fish! Mmmm... New Glarus. I can almost taste it.

By the way, how the hell did the Bears get to lead in their division? No one saw that coming- kinda of like the Spanish Inquisition. Congrats to them surprising the football pundits.

17. Melf

Well Dale, that was a great game, heh heh. I would like a six pack of any two of the following: Dog Fish Head 90, Burton Baton, Ghandi-Bot Double IPA, New Glarus IPA or Smuttynose IPA. Thank you very much :D

18. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I am very much impressed that you are familiar with Dogfish Head's beer. I didn't think they had made it too far outside of the DC area. They started opening up brew pubs around here and let me tell you, that 90 minute on draft is a delicacy worthy of sharing a table with a fine medium rare steak. If you have not had it, I recommend finding a comfortable couch somewhere and getting intimate with 2 bottles of the 120 minute IPA. It will put you on your ass, quickly. The alcohol content is variable but usually around 18-21%. In fact, if I can, I may bring a couple of bottles with me to GC3. It's seasonal and pretty hard to find, though. I count DFH as my favorite American brewery 5 years running now. New Glarus and Left Hand Brewery are close 2nds.

19. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Are you pathetic Bears fans ready for the beat-down this Sunday at 4pm?

:lol:

Ghul of New England

20. mark

mark Spellbinder

Ready.