NFL Football - Who is your Team?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dale, Aug 28, 2010.

1. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

The Raiders aren't going anywhere until their wacked out owner finally kicks the bucket.

2. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Seems hard to believe but.... this is the first time Bears and Packers have met in Conference championship since the AFL merger? A local sports radio jock told me this personally.
    I'd love to prove him wrong. Is that true?

3. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

People used to say the same thing about the owner of the Saints. How long has this guy owned the Raiders?

4. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

You would be surprised at the life and longevity of Al Davis. A man who was the Head Coach of Army for a year in the early 50's he then moved up to the AFL. In the AFL he coached the Raiders, then bought 10% of the team... He got control of the team when one of his partners was on a business trip and many years later he was able to get a clear majority 60+%. He has been with the Raiders since 1962 and has found some great coaches and players, as well as throwing away some of them before there time was due. He is a man who doesn't always make the "best" decisions but overall his decision making has been superb. Many other NFL owners hate him because he has sued the NFL multiple times and does not vote with the majority. He is worth the read even just Wikipedia.

Only George Hallis has done more for his Football team than Al Davis.

5. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Those of us who grew up in/around Oakland see him for the conniving schmo he is.

6. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

As a lifelong Steelers fan, I know what Al Davis has done. The old Steelers Raiders rivalry was one of the best. But he has lost it. Did anybody see the news conference where he introduced the new coach? He was like Grandpa at the Texas Chainsaw Massacre dinner party.

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

Best of luck to the teams still playing.

Go Hawks!

8. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

As great as Al has been for my favorite team, it is way past his time to pass on the torch. He has been instrumental in wrecking the team for some time. I keep hoping to win the lottery so i can buy the team. At least we showed signs of life by winning 8 games this yr.

GB vs Pitt. for SB 45. Not sure who to root for. Like both teams.

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I think your crystal ball has a slight crack in it. :roll:

10. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Wow, Cutler is being shredded.

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Wow, could I have possibly been more wrong? Well, I think I know why those two teams both lost. They both boast former Redskins as backup QB's... lol.

12. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I think we can lock this thread. There is no more football to discuss until AUG 11. :x

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

An amusing picture that describes pretty well, what happened Sunday afternoon...

[​IMG]

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

OMG! That is awesome! Damn son, don't hold back.

Wait a minute. Is that a smile I see? I think he is enjoying it. :D

15. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Well, it's finally Superbowl week.....good luck to Pack/Steelers fans. I dont have a dog in this fight but I'll be watching. What is everyone planning on eating for the game.....perhaps I will be making my tasty tamales with green/yellow and black/gold ingredients...any suggestions?

green and yellow peppers seems easy enough, cheese for gold and blackened meats perhaps...

again good luck to those of you who have favs in the big game.

16. smokin

smokin Chevalier

On second thought....the Packers and Steelers TAMALES get jalepeno, cheese, black olives and yellow peppers..... cant wait.

17. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Go Pack!! :)

18. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

nice pic Druvas.
    Perhaps his "knee" was a better reason for saying why he couldn't return to the game.

19. extsr

extsr Chevalier

GoPak (as always).

I'll take GB by 4. ;>

20. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I'd go with you on that but I think GB is going to win by 10. Yep, I'm that much of an optimist.