No Tickets for You!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jim skach, Feb 26, 2016.

1. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Just to be very clear - when one arrives and retrieves badges, there will be no tickets invovled. Instead, one will be provided an "official" schedule - official in that it is a print-out from GaryCon showing the games for which you pre-registered. In addition, GM's will be provided a roster for each game showing the names of the people who pre-registered.

This brings up several questions, mostly involving anyone who had multiple people on a single account:
    1) If one has multiple badges on a single account, will all of the badges get the same schedule? Will only one badge (the one listed on the current pdf) get the list?

2) What if the name shown on the current pdf is not the name of the actual account holder - for example, in my case it is the name of a former sub-account, my 14 year old daughter.

3) What if there is a discrepancy between the "official" schedule and the roster provided to the GM?

2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

I can answer to the best of my ability, but only in my capacity as Code Monkey, and my words carry the weight of one only peripherally associated with decision-making and honeyed words.

I don't believe the printers created multiple schedules for multiple badges in each packet. There may be availability to make copies on-site. I don't know where admin is on that.

The PDF for the player schedule on the website isn't representative of identification or badge name. There are many people with odd badge names (one convention-goer, if I recall correctly, has a badge name of "NO BADGE NAME"). Now, I'm not saying your 14 year old daughter's name is odd. You know...I should just backspace over that...

The GM's roster is the authority, as that represents what tickets have been sold for his event. That being said, both the player and GM schedule are drawn from the same query, so if you have a discrepancy, I'd love to help determine where the problem is taking place.