North Texas RPG Con - 2011

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by NTRPGCon, Feb 5, 2011.

1. NTRPGCon

NTRPGCon Level 0 Character

After having all the fun you can at Gary Con ... take a breather, then come on down to Texas in June

This will be our 3rd year.
    It's going to be Thursday June 2-Sunday June 5

In 2011 we have confirmed attendance from:
    Erol Otus, Rob Kuntz, Jason Braun, Tim Kask, Dennis Sustare, Steve Winter,
    Frank Mentzer, Paul Jaquays, Steve Marsh, Jim Ward

Drop by the site: http://NTRPGCon.com to sign up, look around, and come have fun !

Doug Rhea

2. smokin

smokin Chevalier

FAILED to link.

3. grodog

grodog Troubadour

http://www.ntrpgcon.com/

I'll probably be bringing flyers for NTX to GaryCon again, in case folks want more info/details in paper format.

4. NTRPGCon

NTRPGCon Level 0 Character

I shouldn't put dots ... after a URL ... the Board software decided to add them to the link... not just here, but all other places I posted it as well.. so I been editing them all afternoon !

http://NTRPGCon.com

or

http://NorTexCon.com

5. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I have a family friend who lives in Great Prairie. Wherever that is. Mapquest shows it to be close by. Maybe she can put me up during the con. GC kinda shot my hotel budget, but if i can stay nearby for free, ill be there.

6. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Wish I could get to the con. Erol Otus! Would love to get a bunch of stuff signed by him, But with GaryCon money already spent, Origins and GenCon looming on the horizon, and a trip to Sweden in December, I just cannot afford to go. :cry: Erol doesn't do many con appearances (that I know of).

7. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I had an inkling that I might make it, if I could find a cheap flight, but turns out the wife is working that whole weekend.

8. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Heard great things about that con, but its too close to GaryCon for me to make most years. Jeff Dee said he'll probably be there too and I missed him at GCIII, so I'm officially bummed.

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

So many Cons and so little time! I've gotten to the point where I have had to limit the Cons I attend and it's frustrating. Turning down engagements at various Cons because of other commitments can be very frustrating.

With that said, I've been hearing great things about North Texas RPG Con. I'd really love to check it out but it's very close to a seminar I have to attend in June so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I checked out the games schedule. The forums mentioned that no more time slots and/or table space are available for running games. Is that true? Bummer. Wanted to run something.

On the other hand, I did get confirmation on free rooming with the friend and she's volunteered to be designated driver. So, I'll let ya know. I got a feeling there's no Spotted Cow. Speaking of The Cow, I actually did like that stuff. Thanks for turning me on to it everybody.

11. smokin

smokin Chevalier

So, is anyone else GOING?

12. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Definitely: tacojohn and I will be there for sure. I'll be running some more Castle Greyhawk, and hopefully playtesting a new module we're hoping to publish toward the end of this year/early next year. I'd also like to bring some Aliens again: it's a fun con game :D

13. smokin

smokin Chevalier

:) I was able to register for your event Saturday night, Grogdog. I will be totally pumped for this event due to having just won the Circus Maximus Main Event about an hour or two before your slot begins. :cool:
    The forums say 1800-2400. Is that your intended duration?

14. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Here's my NTRPGC fun-filled weekend schedule in a nutshell...
    Thursday night - TWO qualifier heats for Circus Maximus - if I manage to qualify in the first slot, then Ill be looking for something else into the later part of the evening. Perhaps Ill run the following module in Open Gaming area.
    Fri morning - "His Majesty's Retainers" by Kim and Pete Winz. AD&D 2nd Edition.
    I absolutely loved this one round module. "A roleplaying-intensive adventure with interesting and unusual characters of fifth level." - pregens provided 6 players max
    There may be enough time in this slot to run it twice, if the interest is there. 8-11,11-2.
    Friday night - registered to play Cthulu Gurps but I am still holding out hope to get into the Kaskoid VIP event that may have some players drop.
    Sat morning - Main Event for Circus Maximus
    Sat afternoon - There is to be a few panel discussions going on. Adventure writing and DM advice.
    Sat night - Grodog's Greyhawk

That's it , Ill miss Sunday due to the drive home.
    See you next month.

15. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I hear the CM competition is pretty fierce---if you win, I'll bump the level of whatever pregen PC you pick for my game by +1 :D

That's just the slot duration. We'll see how long the game goes ;)