Now I'm an Evoker!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeffery st. clair, Aug 16, 2009.

1. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Finally made it, although I'll have to post-whore an awful lot if I ever hope to make Thauma-whatchamacallit. ;)

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Are you suggesting at Garycon 2 my name badge should say "Post-Whore" instead of "The Keeper"? :shock:

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

I'd subscribe to that. ;)

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

That figures! :roll:

Hey, did you get my PM about Druvas?

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

He must have as my registration is fixed and I have now contributed my $20 to the event. Thanks for checking into that for me! Now, I just have to hold off on making another baby with the Succubus for another month or two. She informed me that if she is 7 or more months pregnant in March, I'm not going anywhere... This will be tough, because Succubi (as I am sure many undoubtedly know) can be very persuasive. I'll just have to keep a large vial of holy water (ahem... 18 year Caol Ila) by the bed to ward her off. :lol:

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I've done the math & you can throw away the 'holy water' around Halloween! Should be safe by then. (Now that's what I call Trick or Treats!) :lol:
    Glad to hear your pre-reg problems all fixed.

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Better check that calculater and make sure it has good batteries! I calculate I can put the holy water away in 1d4 weeks depending on when my rot grubs burrow into the dragon egg(s). End of September would be month 1, October 2, and so on. End of March would be month 7. It's looking pretty good for me!

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

What calculator? I duz dat 'n me brain. Besides, GC2 is slated for the THIRD WEEK of March. That's closer to the end of march than the beginning. Cuttin' it too close fer comfort. I'z just playin' it safe. Anyhover, Halloween's a great RPG'ers holiday, even though I could never convince Mama of that. All our munchkins were born in the fall or winter seasons.

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I like makin' babies in the Fall. Sets mamma up for not havin' to take off work to do a little rearin' (she's a teacher). :D Man, am I excited to actually be able to make it! I can think of no other Con that I would want to go to. GC2 has all the nostalgia one could ever hope for.

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I'am pretty pumped about GC2, too! GC 1 was great fun. Saw a bunch of people I haven't seen in years. Got to do some cooking for the con, played way too many games, (if that's possible), got my signed copy of Dragon Lairds, didn't get much sleep, converted Mama into a gamer, made new friends, etc; & next years going to be three days!! Already set up vacation time from the 40hrs for this one.
    Too bad you don't live a little closer. We've got the mini-hooplas once a month, at a local restaurant, & next month is the Fall Hoopla. Great ways to get the much needed monthly gaming-fix!

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I think I mentioned in another post that I am likely moving to Germany next summer. The Succubus and I are planning to sell our house in VA and buy a condo somewhere so that we can stash our furntiture and other junk. One of the spots, while near the bottom of the list, is in the 'burbs' of Chicago. I know that's not quite Lake Geneva, WI, but hey, it's closer than DC! We plan on being out of the country for 1-3 years and then come back to anywhere but the DC area.

I love Chicago (as any good beer drinker should!) as does the Succubus. She graduated from Southern Illinois and one of her best friends lives in Chicago. I never really considered relocating to an area because of my hobby of D&D, but hell, it really is as good a reason as any. My employer has a few offices in that area... ...and I was kind of serious when I said I wanted to open a bookstore/coffee shop/gaming store (and think the home D&D would be the ideal location). The Evil one is not in favor of it as her Father ran a business that consumed nearly all his time.

Well, these are grand designs that will take some time to flesh out, if ever, but it would be nice to be near people that have similar hobbies, especially around the Old Guard. There are plenty of people in the DC area that, without dragonsfoot.org, would never have known about each other. We game bi-weekly, which is nice, but something is missing... Can't put my finger on it, but... In any event, I will get my first taste of Wisconson in March and am greatly looking forward to it. I suppose I should reserve my room at the hotel...

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Following a dream is a great journey, one with many 'highs & lows.' I normally don't care to discuss this experience as it was very heartbreaking & financially devastating, but, here goes... A little over two years ago I was a partner/manager in a gaming/internet store in Lake Geneva. I still held down a fourty hour a week job, plus helped revamp the building we were renting. It wasn't to bad as we had living quarters attached to the store. After five months of restoring the interior of the building we were ready to open. About this time the economy started heading for the 'crapper.'
    About a week before the doors were to open our major financial backer baled. We were screwed, but forged ahead & opened. Four days after we opened the doors Gary passed. What an omen! It lasted six months. End of story & my dream.
    It's not so much the money it cost, but I lost a good friend during this adventure. A friendship that can never be replaced. It took me many months to get over this, not sure I totally am, but a least now I wake up every morning with a new purpose.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a new gaming store open in or near Lake Geneva. Hell, I can remember the 'Dungeon' when it was in downtown. (Showing my age.) I guess the only advice I can give is plan for the future, but, prepare for the worst.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I am sorry to hear about your plans and dream! Was Gary your partner in this endeavor or was his passing just the last straw in a string of unfortunate incidents? I completely understand that losing a friend or family member can put the breaks on what's happening in life. My step father passed away back in October and that really brought my life to a stand still. I think I am only now returning to normal. Anyway, I wish you well. I look forward to meeting you and all the other Grogs in March. I hope to get in on a classic game in Against the Giants (if someone runs it)!

14. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Just the last straw......... :cry:

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

& THIS MAKES MY 300th POST!! Wonder what I'am now?

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Warlock!!!!! & STILL top post-whore! :D :lol: :ugeek:
    (At least I beat Druvas here.)

17. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'm comin'... I'm comin'.

18. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Hey, you two!!!! Stop post-whoring all over my old thread!!! ;)

19. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Wilco. :)

20. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yay! You two post whores win!!!

[​IMG]

:p