Now I'm an Evoker!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeffery st. clair, Aug 16, 2009.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Although the card would be a coveted prize I think I'll go for the beer. ;)
    Also, if you are in your hotel room a day early & need a lift to the Next Door Pub, Mama & I would be more than happy to swing by to pick you up. We're only 3 miles from the hotel & it's sort-a on the way. :)

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Is there a runner-up post-whore card that I could get, or something? If not, you can buy the second beer too, instead. :mrgreen: I'd love to get some directions to that pub. I like a little drinky drinky, especially when nerd-talk is involved.

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Are you doing a rent-a-car, or will you need a ride? (Option 1 or 2.)

1) If you have the rental, Mama & I will meet you & GP at the hotel. This way we can take two cars & extra passengers if needed. Sound like a plan?

2) Instead of my economy car we'll use Mama's Crown Vic. It's trunk is large enough to carry five dead bodies.

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Option 1. I rented a standard sized car which will fit 4 or 5 normal humans or 3 overweight nerds like myself. :D I'll be happy to ferry as many fellow goobs as will fit and appreciate your convoy leadership.

As for option 2, remind me not to agree to inspect the trunk from the inside! :mrgreen:

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks. I'm hoping to talk Jolly into showing up a day early with me. I know I'd enjoy hanging out w/ you guys but I want to make sure I also get to spend time with them.

I'm planning on driving at this point but am still not totally sure. The weather will play a role in it but it would be nice having my own vehicle at the Con.

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

No problem. We can play 'Follow the Leader' to the Next Door Pub. It's three left turns from the hotel.

:eek: "OH, we gotta great big convoy truckin' thru the nite." :cool:

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Sno' problem. It'll all work out. :) Let me know if plans change.

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Sounds good to me. But I may need to take a taxi back... :D

9. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Take the taxi! The LG cops are very active and will pull you over for any reason. I had friends stopped on Friday and Sat last year- and one trip to jail in the morning :shock: Better safe than sorry.

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, I will if I do any serious drinking (which is likely!). I don't need a DUI to take away my employment...

11. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Definitely do not drink and drive - regardless of whether you're worried about getting pulled over or not.

I move that The Keeper and Druvas take their post-whoring to PMs. ;) Here I was trying to celebrate my whopping 25 posts. I can't imagine what they'll do if I start a thread to celebrate 50! :mrgreen:

Snow day here, so because I was bored I counted the posts in this thread alone. I found the numbers interesting.

Keeper - 21 posts
    Druvas - 16 posts
    Me - 3 posts, including this one
    Everyone else - 12 posts

And I still haven't made it to Conjurer. March isn't getting here fast enough.

12. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Well, I can't let "everyone else" beat me. Does this put me up to 13? ;) I always like a baker's dozen.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

The Keeper sure is a mouthy guy, isn't he? :lol: I mean, really, who talks as much as that guy? And about nothing at all... :D

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

Maybe he is really a she?

Things that make you go hmmm... ;)

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Just becuz I got that long, Gygaxian-style ponytail & Mr. Mentzer compared me to Gary at last years Garycon, doesn't mean it's open season on The Keeper!! :x

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Pssst!

Hey Druvas,

don't look now but,

we've surpassed Melf for number of posts.

:shock:

:shock:

Who'd a thunk, eh?

17. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Lol... I will nervously scan the sky for the likely-forthcoming lightning bolts... :lol:

Edit: More importantly, though, I have passed you! :D

18. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I HATE WHEN YOU DO'ED THAT!!!!

19. Dale

Dale Administrator

Where's my ban stick for you two? ;)

20. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'm trying to go legit, but sometimes I can't resist a comment or two! :)