NYC Beat Cops From The 1970s

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wcw43921, Dec 23, 2011.

1. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

Saw this posted on another message board and thought I'd pass it along.

I don't know about you, but these photos make me want to "dungeon-crawl" through a dimly-lit dilapidated apartment building with a snub-nosed .38 looking for murder suspects.

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Some interesting pics there. On the 4th one I originally thought they were being lax in the interrogation of a hooker. But after further evaluation I suspect that she was an undercover detective getting ready to bust some Johns. This opinion is mostly based on the fact that they seem to be in a more meeting room type setting (I love the school desks) and that no one seems to be watching her as she digs through her bag.

Dungeon crawling run down buildings in NY wouldn't interest me nearly as much as the underground tunnel systems of Chicago. There are whole sections of the city where they built the streets and sidewalks above ground level for some reason and have periodic access to these open spaces, additionally there are numerous other tunnel systems from by-gone eras. I've even heard that one of the bigger high schools (5,000 students) that was built on a garbage dump and allegedly has 6 or so sub-levels has a Nuke shelter and tens of thousands of square feet that have not been viewed in decades. I read an article once about how some teachers went wondering around down there and found a marching band drum that was something like 8 feet in diameter - They restored it and used it. That building would make a cool crawl too; might even be some treasure...