Official Gary Con III Dates Finalized and Announced!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

The contract has been signed and Gary Con III is a go!

The official dates for Gary Con III will be Friday, March 25, 2011, through Sunday, March 27, 2011. We will again be hosted at the Lodge at Geneva Ridge with a negotiated room rate of $79.00 per night. We've expanded Gary Con to include the entire convention area, which adds over 30% more gaming space!

Stay tuned next Monday for the start of a special GaryCon.com event... countdown to pre-registration! Don't worry, we'll release the details of this fantastic contest over the next week so you'll be primed and ready to compete! And these prizes will definitely be worth the effort.

And in the meantime, an elite group of scientific geniuses have been sequestered in a hidden bunker trying to devise even more ways to make Gary Con III better than ever! We're listening to our attendees' ideas and suggestions. But we're also planning for the biggest Gary Con special event ever! It's top secret though, so you won't get this bit of information out of anyone!

See you in 361 days!

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Great news!

3. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Those dates are great! I shouldn't have any problem getting off that time of year. It's far enough away from Easter to not make it a problem at all.

Looks like GaryCon is going to have to replace some of my Con going for a while because I'm afraid I'm not going to be at GenCon this year. I was hoping for Origins but as of right now I don't think that's going to be possible either.

I might hit a local Con in Memphis for a day or two next year but that may be the only other one I'll be able to attend. Sigh. Too many Cons and not enough time. ;)

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yay! And, there was much rejoicing!

Is it 2011 yet?

:p

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I'm looking forward to it already personally. It was great to see so many old friends and all my family too!

6. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Well, depending on how things go and my class schedule, I may be able to attend as this is the weekend before the Spring quarter (read: classes begin on the Monday immediately following the con).

7. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Ok, me and Gianfranco this afternoon will contact the travel agency and book for the flight, it will be cheaper this time, thanks! :cool:

8. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

w00t!!

(Now to recover from GCII, & begin the GCIII fund....)

9. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

WOO-HOO again!!!

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

GREAT NEWS!!! :D

11. Ector

Ector Level 0 Character

Awesome news! I will definitely be there again, and hopefully I'll be bringing along everyone I game with who couldn't make it this year.

12. francisca

francisca Troubadour

That's great!

13. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I plan to be there next year. I may bring the whole family. This year I brought my oldest daughter for a "bonding" weekend, as she is currently attending UW-Madison and we don't see her as often as we would like.

14. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

great news. looking forward to seeing y'all in march.

15. mark

mark Spellbinder

Huzzah! :)

16. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Hooty hoo!
    Will cabana girls be involved? Please tell me cabana girls will be involved.

17. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yes, Cabana girls will be involved. Unfortunately, these Cabana girls all look like big, hairy gamers over 40. Just imagine a female Jabba the Hutt and you've got the idea. :lol:

18. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I was excited until I read Preacher's detailed description of cabana girls. I think I'll be bringing one of my own to offset the damage done to my psyche.

19. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Let us know if you need a ride from the airport (O'Hare/ORD/Chicago is probably cheapest for you). I'll pick you up myself if nobody else is available. :)

Frank Mentzer

20. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Sounds awesome! I'm ready to go right now!! :)