Official Gary Con III Dates Finalized and Announced!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Mar 29, 2010.

1. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

:eek:
    The more appreciated gift I personally got from GCII has been the possibility to play with you all!
    :cool: :D
    (and the medal too :lol: )

2. bighara

bighara Chevalier

...aannd the room is BOOKED!

Coming in Thursday PM and leaving Sunday afternoon. The spa sold my wife (or at least avoided a flat refusal). Leave the kids with gramma and she can even catch a game or two.
    :D

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I think we can swing free admission for anybody coming from another continent to attend GC III. We'll have to figure out a way to verify that they are coming from abroad- or just offer refund at the con. I would like to gibe them a chance to pre-reg for events and not just get in free. I'll discuss it with my seneschal and we'll put something out in the coming weeks.

It was really cool to have Luca and Gian Franco at Gary Con II!

4. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

So do you guys need to rename it as the "Gary Con International Game-A-Thon" or something now?

5. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

It has been really cool to play with you all! I'm telling legends to all my friends, their envy is overgrowing! :D
    I'm planning to ask a friend of mine some help to write something in a very good English in order to let you see the GaryConII from the eyes of a guy that started from Italy and landed on another continent to reach "his own mount Olympus" to play (not only D&D, of course). My English is not enough... but my plans to improve it are slowly evolving! Next year you'll hear! ;)

Ciao,
    Luca Ilario

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Your English is good Luca! I am sure it will get even better. Being an American, I only speak English and 0 other languages- so I think you guys are great adventurers for making the journey to a foreign land to game with us!

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

John Winger: C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.

Russell Ziskey: Well I got the **** kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

8. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

This is my premier wannabethere con for next year. I been talkin' but since the room reservations are open, it's time to lay down some silver... next month! :roll: Pre-reg is open as well? I'm damned rusty, but I'd definitely like to run a couple o' games. :geek:

A March date will probably torpedo DunDraCon, but that's old hat (still fun, but...).

I've been to GenCon, SoCal and Indy, not likely again. Origins was better, but likely not in the cards for 2011. SoonerCon was damned fine. I'd really like to make TrollCon.

On a fixed income, so I'm gonna have to get crackin'. :!:

9. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

The "Lodge at Geneva Ridge"? Can't seem to find a link anywhere and whent I checked out Lake Geneva's lodgings site, the only one I could see that was close is this:

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
    7020 Grand Geneva Way at Hwys. 50 East & 12, P.O. Box 880

Is this the place?

A direct link to the hotel would be great.

10. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

11. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Thanks!

12. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

OK, I have my badge paid for. Tried registering for a room, but their calender doesn't have any input from a date that far in advance. I've contacted them and I'm waiting for a reply. I'd call, but my phone sucks and I'm phone phobic anyway. 'Course beatin' on this bloated machine with one finger ain't a lot o' fun neither.

13. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

BM . . are you driving to the CON or flying. If driving, you could stay at the Plaza in town. I stay there and it's way cheaper than the rates at the CON hotel.

Just sayin' if your lookin' to save some bucks.

I'd love to stay at the CON hotel, as it is very, very nice.

Anyway, lemeno and I'll post some links.

:)

14. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Just reserved a room at the Lodge (this was before I saw your post, Rhu). That far out, I should be able to afford it. I'd much prefer to drive, but my truck ain't so pretty on the gas. I'll have to make that call a little farther out. I know the sooner I make airline reservations, the cheaper it is, but I miss the freedom of a road trip. What is this, hmmm... early June. I can probably make that decision in October or November. If I fly, I could use a ride from the airport, but let's not put the cart before the horse. :D

15. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

Was talking to my gamer-wife, and it sounds like we might be bringing the child...which'll be interesting as he'll be slightly over 2...

16. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Thanks to conflicts in family schedules, it looks like I'll actually be able to attend again! While, I have mixed feelings about not going to Disney World next year, on the other hand, I won't have to put up with two pre-teen step-grandchildren-in-law at Gary Con. :)(if you could call them that; they're my wife's step-grandchildren from her late husband's son...confused yet?)

I'll have to figure out what to run, though. I ran Paranoia twice last year. Maybe this year, I'll do Star Wars D6. After all, I don't like my AT-AT miniature to collect too much dust.

17. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I've decided I'm going to fly in, shooting for a Thursday arrival. I need to fly in to Milwaukee, correct? And I could use a ride to the Lodge when I come in.

This is my first day back on the 'puter and I'm still trying to get set up here, so haven't had a lot of time to get my games together. IIRC, the deadline is next month.

18. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Alright, I've managed to do a little research so I've answered a couple o' my own questions. I can't book Southwest yet as their reservation system only goes to March 11th. And Milwaukee is about the only choice.

:eek: I need to come up with two adventures by Sunday. Brain is already in overtime, so that'll be tough, but I'll get 'em registered.

Now, if anyone is in or around the airport on Thursday, the old man will still need a ride.

(I'm trying to get this all set up ASAP, because planning just isn't my strong suit anymore.) :(