Origins anyone?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by caalas, Jun 14, 2011.

1. caalas

caalas Level 0 Character

My family and I decided to go to Origins very last minute. We were still able to book a room at the Hyatt which being connected to the Conference center and having a 4 year old is key. I've never been to Origins but being a big board gamer I'm very excited to go. My wife is very excited as well but mostly because it's the same weekend as my family reunion that she doesn't want to go to :lol:

Anyone else going? Want to try and hook up for a drink or a game?

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I really wanted to make it this year but I have a lot coming up this summer. Major amounts of planning for the church.

With that said, make sure to look up Jolly when you get to Origins. I know he'd like to see you and the Kenzer guys always appreciate someone stopping by the booth. Also make sure you get to the LIVE KODT reading. That's a blast for the whole family.

Just remember if you're ever on vacation down this way, give me a shout. Would be good to see you again.

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Yeah, we're going.

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Nope. origins continues to be yet another "maybe next year" thing.

5. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Really wanted to go to Origins this year. I have some family that lives 90 minutes away but the wife made some promises that weekend that we had to fulfill elsewhere. Wish I had made it. How was it?
    Most memorable moments?

6. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Origins was good. They are moving it to Memorial day weekend the next two years - which seems like a bad idea for them.

Mostly played Shadowrun Missions (Catalyst Demo Team) - which was awesome as usual. Also played Serenity and Dresdan Files. Dresdan files uses Fudge dice and a system that forces much more of the story development back onto the players. The Dresdan system is very interesting and much more like true Improv from what I gather. It is like Plot Points, Edge, Luck, etc. (rules to allow players more control over heroic moments or the story) on steroids.

Most memorable moment was my Troll being the sole inhabitant of a remotely controlled car driving into an ambush at a warehouse. The Troll was yelling "We, weee, weee, weeeeeeeee" followed by an "Avon Calling" with three grenades in each hand (two smoke and one frag). The pilot hit 3 out of 5 bad guys, killing 2 before failing a roll and crashing into a wall. A bad guy that dived out of the way shot me square in the chest since I couldn't dodge very well in that tiny darn sports car, but my armor and body soaked up all the damage, which prompted Mr. Troll to yell "That all you got {female dog}!", drop the grenades, and smear the guy some shotgun slugs. The car wreaked so much havok, that it was no longer tactically sound to use the grenades }:-( (that's a frowning troll - they tend to have horns in Shadowrun) fortunately I hadn't pulled the pins ahead of time.