Passing of Amber Blackburn

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by geekpreacher, Mar 29, 2011.

1. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Most of you know Jolly & Barbara Blackburn from Knights of the Dinner Table and Kenzer & Company. They were at GaryCon III running and playing Hackmaster as has been their custom for the last few years.

I was contacted by Jolly earlier this day that their daughter Amber was in the hospital and by late this afternoon she had passed away. Any prayers and kind thoughts would be very much appreciated by the family. I know this is a difficult time for them so any goodwill is definitely appreciated.

Jolly & Barb are two of the most loving and caring people I've ever met and I know this is very hard on them.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Derek W. White

2. hackhamster

hackhamster Level 0 Character

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

Wow. I was talking to Jolly on Saturday- and life then was full of joy as he held court over in the Virtual Porch.

I feel sadness for their loss.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

My condolences.

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yes, it was a surprise for me. I'd just stayed the night the other day and Amber was smiling and happy as usual. It was good that she was able to be with her grandparents that weekend so it's nice that worked out well.

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

As a father of three little girls, I can only imagine the pain caused by this untimely and unexpected loss. My heart goes out to Jolly and Barbara.

Luke

7. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Yeah, that is sad. Especially if unexpected. My condolences.

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

That's horrible. My condolences to Jolly and his family :(

9. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

That's terrible news! My thoughts and prayers go to him and him family.

10. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Just saw this now. Very, very sad news.

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I don't know if any of you are aware of it but there is a charity auction going on for the Blackburn's at Board Game Geek. A number of people are putting up items and all the proceeds are going to the family to help with expenses and travel.

For those who don't know, the Blackburn's are having their daughter cremated and taking her remains to the family in another state. Any and all good thoughts, prayers and general love would be appreciated.

You can find the link to the auction at:

http://rpggeek.com/geeklist/65846/charity-auction-for-the-jolly-blackburn-family-due/page/1

12. osarious

osarious Chevalier

My daughters and I send our condolences.

13. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I've listed A1, A2, A3, and A4 as a bundle in the charity auction.

Get over there and bid!

14. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

My condolences.

15. clangador

clangador Footpad

I am very sorry to hear of this. As the father of two boys, I can only imagine how painful it is.