Pizza at the Pub?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaskoid, Jan 8, 2011.

1. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Are we doing the meet and greet at the pub again this year on Thursday evening?

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Mama & I planned on it. Probably drag Druvas & company with & of course our Italian friend Luca, if he has arrived by then.

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

I think that has become our little tradition for those of us that arrive early.

Mmm... pizza & beer.

4. smokin

smokin Chevalier

This probably isn't the perfect place for this post but...
    Are there any Thursday evening games running?

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Not for Garycon, but somebody always has something going on at the hotel.

6. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

I'll land in Chicago on Thursday 22, I'll spend an entire week around Lake Geneva playing with you all and Rubeeka so it depends only on what overlaps! :)

7. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I go every year, but last year, I missed the crowd before they all left. That left Jeff T and his buddies and I chewing the fat for a while before calling it a night. I plan on getting there earlier this year.

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

DO you mean Tuesday, March 22nd OR Thursday, March 24th???? :?

9. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'm trying to remember...there is family friendly seating there, correct?

Doing this whole "Con with the family" thing is new to me.

10. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

Yes Luca and possibly other gamers are invited to Ernie's Gaming Table several days before and the day after the Convention. I have 15 rooms blocked off for any who wish at the Colony Suites, under Gary Con III, at a price at least matching the Ridge. The Colony Suites is but 1 block from my home allowing Viking like behavior with some level of safety.

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Looking forward to arriving early and seeing some of you folks. Which pub are you talking about? Is this the same place everyone was meeting ahead of time last year?

I am specifically trying to watch my diet because that week in March I am planning on going off it for a few days.

Game on.

Derek

12. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

Thursday late afternoon early evening will be a gathering at the Next Door Pub. This is a holdover from the early Gen Cons when Mary and Gary would take out a few exhibitors and other early arrivals. One year the owner of Mini Figs was served by the N.D.P.'s young girlfriend and she removed the wrong pitcher of beer off the table allowing the other to flow all over Steve. This was before any serious drinking or pizza had been served. Otherwise for the last decade or so Fat Cats in downtown Lake Geneva has been a place where you can find Troll Lords and other adventurers really late.

Otherwise I will be having games at my house at least Tuesday and Wednesday before the show and the Sunday night and Monday after the event. War and Fantasy movies, Tom Wham and other boardgames and plenty of brew!

13. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Hey Ernie, good to see you posting.
    Not sure if I can make it to the con, but I'm gonna try. I owe you quite a few brews.

14. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

:oops: mispronunciation and typing error occurred in my brain... I meant Tuesday, March 22 :mrgreen:

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

GO AHEAD!!! TWIST MY ARM!! :lol:

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

FAR OUT! I have vacation time scheduled from work, March 23rd thru the 29th. I think this year Garycon is gonna be AWESOME!!

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

It's a restaurant/bar combo. Plenty of families show up there. Late afternoon would probably be the best time (4:00-5:00).

18. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

YES!

19. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I believe I'm booked for Lake Geneva on Wednesday but will be up on Tuesday so my wife and I can spend some time with Jolly & Barb. Would love to get together and have some brew and just hang out. Looking forward to it.

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I thought Fat Cats was closed?