Pizza at the Pub?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaskoid, Jan 8, 2011.

1. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Next Door Pub:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF ... CBwQnwIwAQ

EDIT: And sorry - by way of reference for easy reference:
    The Lodge at Geneva Ridge
    W4240 State Road 50 Lake Geneva, Wisconsin 53147

2. smokin

smokin Chevalier

The locals seemed to accept us taking over the back room during Thursday's gathering and they seemed genuinely glad to see us. Cheryl and I had a great time there. Thanks to the con coordinators for the food, the pizza there was very good. Highly recommend going there if you get the chance. Special thanks to THE KEEPER and his wife for making us feel welcome immediately.

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Since I have to grow up (e.g. graduate from college in June), I will be working a "real job." I hope that means I'll have more cash so I can arrive early enough next year to hang out with all of you at the Pub.

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Health-related question: do they permit smoking? My wife gets very asthmatic around cigarette & cigar smoke. If it's not a non-smoking venue, I would have to come alone.

5. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

The Pub is non-smoking, like everything else in WI. There is a "smoker's porch" off of the bar side.

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

You're not kidding. The Keeper and his wife are great, aren't they? Wish I'd had more time to hang out with them but I know at the Pub he was making everyone feel at home and at ease. Every time I saw him at the Con he was busy running a game and it looked like he and the players were having a load of fun.

7. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Cool. I wasn't aware WI had adopted those laws, too (everywhere in Indianapolis is like that). Maybe next year my wife and I will go there for dinner when we arrive on Thursday. We're total foodie tourists.

8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I thought the Pub was a pretty cool place. Decent food, lots of beer on tap, good atmosphere, great way to start the convention. I'll definitely be there again next year, assuming I can make it to the convention again.

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Thank you both for your praise. Mama & I enjoy contributing to Garycon in any way we can, & making sure people are comfortable & relaxed is something that just comes natural to us, so it's not that difficult of a task.
    I do wish to take the time to apologize to any con-goers who my have been looking for us on sunday, & for canceling my last event. I was suffering from a sevre sinus infection during the entire convention & by saturday night was complete spent. We left very, very early sunday morning, drove home the short distance & threw me into bed, where I stayed until monday morning. (Nothin like a good 21 hour nap to revitalize ones self.) Next year I'll prepare myself for GC 4 by taking tons of vitamin C weeks before the convention. We will also have to drag Geekpreachers butt out to our favorite morning spot (restaurant) where a GOOD COUNTRY BREAKFAST will have you wanting for nothing until dinner-time, if even then. ;)
    Once again we are both very happy that all had a good time at Garycon. :D Can't wait for next year.
    Mr. & Mrs. The Keeper

10. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Man, I'd love to have breakfast with you guys. Maybe next year I won't stay up till 3 or 4AM gaming and then sleep in until 9:30 and get ready for the next round. (This is why I schedule games for a 10AM slot. I know I'll be up until about 4AM most nights so it lets me jump into games after a little bit of sleep.)

So, I'll try and adjust the schedule next year! Maybe if I come in early I will be able to stop by your place and we can all go grab a bit to eat somewhere, eh?

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Sounds like a plan, God willing, etc; etc: Just gonna have to make sure you got some wheels. ;)

12. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

If the family comes with me next year (which I hope happens) then I will definitely have wheels. I prefer driving to GaryCon rather than taking the train or plane but I don't drive long distances by myself. It's always good to have company.

Maybe, if I'm fortunate, I might have me an RV by next GaryCon. Now, that would be a blast. ;)