Platinum and Diamond Garunteed Spots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erik Olsen, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

On the top two tier badges it says that they get their guaranteed choice (1 and 2 respectively) for events. How does that work with registration?

2. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I believe they will get to register before the Gold and Silver badges.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  3. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

This is from the GaryCon site. It looks like the guaranteed spot(s) is/are in addition to the early registration.

Very Important Gamer (VIG) Badges:
    • Platinum: SOLD OUT! Only 10 of these super-limited badges are available! All the benefits of a Gold badge plus some special perks: Exclusive access to the VIP-only Cocktail Reception on Thursday night in the hospitality lounge where you can rub elbows with the Gygax family, TSR alumni, Old Guard celebrities, and other special guests, the reception will have an open bar and free snacks. Additionally, Platinum badge holders get a guaranteed seat at one event of their choice. In addition to the t-shirt, souvenir cup, and swag bag, this badge comes with a GCVIII challenge coin.
    • Diamond: SOLD OUT! This level of access is only for the most dedicated fans — only 2 of these badges are available! All the benefits of the Platinum badge, with the addition of a guaranteed seat at a total of 2 events of their choice, as well as an exclusive dinner with Luke Gygax at the Chop House at the Grand Geneva Resort. Additionally, Diamond VIGs have full access to the Staff and Special Guest Lounge in the Geneva Club for the duration of the convention.

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

There are 2 brief "early" registrations for people with those badges.
    They are being contacted with details.
    If you have one of those types and haven't heard from anyone within the next few days, say something here on the forums.

I think the "early registration" and the "guaranteed seats" are a part of the same thing, not 2 distinct perks.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

When and how often should we post we have heard nothing?

Nothing was received on this or other matters regarding the badge.

Only trolling the forums, the main site and facebook has any information been found and then conflicting information posted and postings at the last minute at times.

6. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

It reads to me that the VIG badges get early access in general and also a guaranteed slot for one or two chosen games. Which makes sense since the badges cost 4-8 times as much as the Gold badge and 8-16 times as much as a Silver. Just not sure how they intend on managing it.

7. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Diamond and Platinum badge holders will be contact directly by staff for their guaranteed seat selections, in addition to getting earlier access to submit registration choices to confirm their early registration window. That contact will be happening this week.

Edit: After speaking with our technical staff, the 'guaranteed seat' and 'early registration' are not separate things. Diamond and Platinum badge holders will have early access to check out with their registration selections, as explained here, and will be able to spend all their GP and SP at that time, through the end of event registration.

This IS a change from the original intent. If, as a premium badge holder, you have concerns about how this affects you, please PM me.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Erik Garland and Erik Olsen like this.
  8. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Thanks Brendar. There was some confusion on my email address. Can you pm me (I dont see how to) and I'll send you my email so I confirm you have the correct one?

9. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Edited my post above with current information.

PBurke likes this.