Play Dwimmermount Fri Night & Sun AM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tavis, Mar 17, 2012.

1. tavis

tavis Footpad

For those who don't know it, Dwimmermount is a mega-dungeon inspired by pulp science fiction and fantasy created by James Maliszewski, who has been posting session summaries from his home campaign's explorations of its dozen or more levels at his blog Grognardia. Autarch is helping publish the dungeon through Kickstarter, but Gary Con attendees have the chance to check it out well before its official release thanks to GMs francisca (Rich) and blackmote (Hoyt).

Hoyt's run will be on Friday evening, starting at 7pm and going for 5-6 hours. He'll be using the Adventurer Conqueror King system, one of two for which Dwimmermount will be published.

Rich's is scheduled for Sunday morning, starting at 10 am and going until 1:30pm. He'll be using Labyrinth Lord, which James used in his home campaign.

Both sessions are still welcoming new players - Hoyt's is open gaming, Rich's was a late addition to event registration and has lots of slots left. ACKS, LL, and Dwimmermount itself are firmly rooted in the original fantasy roleplaying game so familiarity with any TSR edition of D&D will be all you need to start the dice rolling.

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

James was kind enough to let me have a sneak peak at his player's guide and let me lurk during one of his play sessions. I'll do my best to give you guys as an authentic Dwimmermount experience as possible!

3. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

a bit nervous, but excited to be a part of this awesome mega-dungeon run. :) Thanks for the opportunity!

I have more than 20 years experience running adventurers through The Ruins of UnderMountain, so I'm hoping I have what it takes to be a DM for Dwimmermount. :twisted: