Pre-reg Access Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dndgeek, Jan 21, 2016.

1. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

On the Badge Registration page it lists "Regular Event Pre-registration access" as being available to all ticket levels and then it lists separate pre-reg access levels for Silver, Gold and Platinum/Diamond badges as Basic, Increased and Priority respectively. From what I understand, Platinum and Diamond folks will get access Friday night and Saturday morning for some games. Does this mean that Silver also chooses at a different time than Gold and, if so, when is that?

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The distinction between Increased access and Priority access was not very well communicated. I'm fairly unhappy that the language in the descriptions wasn't more clear.

3. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Agree with the posters above.....

4. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I think this was addressed early on when badges went up for sale. Frankly, I had forgotten. But from my reading, Diamond and Platinum get early access. "Increased" only means that as gold badge holders one would get more GP then sivler badge holders - thereby "increasing" one's access VIP games.

5. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

If a person has to access two different pages in order to gain the complete understanding of what was intended, it is FAR from clear.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  6. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

And, once it had been addressed, the web page information should have been updated to reflect the clarity of what "increased access" meant. "More gold pieces" is a much better way to say it.

7. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

It's about as clear as mud, frankly. I expect better from a business.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  8. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Verbatim from the badge registration page: "Increased VIP event pre-reg access" for gold badges; for VIP and Diamond badges "Priority VIP event pre-reg access"

Tell me again how one means Double GP and the other means registration to VIP events? Cause they sound very similar only a different tier of the same thing to me.

9. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

Saturday morning is going to suck of the server crashes again for what would be 4th(?) year in a row.

10. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

OK...let me see if I can help.

With a Gold Badge - and Silver, and Platinum, and Diamond - you're going to get a certain number of GP to spend on events. (you'll also get SP...but that's not germane to this discussion).

So, what's the difference?

"Priority" means you will be able to spend those GP earlier than everyone else.
    "Increased" means you'll get more GP than "lesser" badges.

So...if you buy a Gold badge, you get more GP than people buying Silver Badges. This INCREASES your ability to get into VIP games (you have more to spend and, therefore, can buy more VIP seats). If you buy a Platinum or Diamond badge,you too get more GP than Silver Badges. But you also get the benefit of registering for those events PRIOR to everyone else.

So...everyone who gets a Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Diamond badge can register for VIP events. Gold, Platinum, and Diamond give you more GP, so you have the more opportunity to get into a VIP game. Platinum and Diamond get to start trying to do so before everyone else.

Also, let's not forget...there were only a few of the Platinum and Diamond Badges (I think something like 10 and 2 respectively, though they've been adding a few more now). So it's not like their early access is going to suck up all the seats in VIP games.

Hope that helps!

11. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Nope. That doesn't help. From an English Language perspective

"Increased VIP event pre-reg access" for Gold badge and
    "Priority VIP event pre-reg access" for VIP and Diamond badges
    "Basic VIP Event Pre-reg access" for Silver badges

Imply the SAME thing, just different tiers of registration access. READ "pre-reg access." If they meant Gold Pieces, it should have been stated VERY clearly as Gold Pieces or GP

The way it's worded implies VERY CLEARLY three or four tiers of pre-registration pecking order:

Diamond and VIP first,
    Gold second,
    Silver last

12. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Trust me, I came at it from the same perspective. The only reason I now know what they meant and the difference is because I asked for clarification....which I'm passing on to you.

Just to be clear - I'm not arguing it's not worded badly; I'm just trying to provide an understanding of what was meant (even if it was worded horribly) because I had almost the exact same reaction.

13. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

I understand clearly now what was intended, but it is not what is stated on the website. I don't have any confusion about the explanation the official Gary Con Gaming Convention facebook page administrator gave me.

But legally, she's wrong. The wording says something else, and it needs to be changed immediately and Gold badge members need an opportunity to request downgrades as to not be dissatisfied or misrepresented in any way. If that's not done, it's not OK.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  14. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I'm sure if you want to downgrade your badge and open up another Gold for someone else, nobody will have a problem. I know they allowed it for people who were able to get a Gold badge in the few they released today - that is, they let them keep the new gold and get a refund on the silver they had previously purchased.

15. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

And, HOW MANY of those competing for Gold fully understand what they're buying? I doubt they all have gone to all the different pages for explanations or have come here.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  16. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Well...as much as I hate to say it, I leave that in their hands. Hell, I'm still waiting for an answer on how my sub-accounts are going to work this year. I've got three gold badges to worry about.

Tink333 likes this.
  17. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Good luck, everybody. I'm sitting this one out.

Tink333 likes this.
  18. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I can't even see the sub-accounts any more on my account. I think they've been done away with.

... unless I asked for it to be removed and totally forgot about it, but I don't think I did that because my events are showing with the sub-account holder's name... whose account I can't see.

*sigh*

19. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Jim, Apparently, the way questions are supposed to work is that we are all expected to submit them on the Gary Con Gaming Convention Facebook page, not the group where we all hang out and talk. The admin told me there is "Frankly, the traffic on the group is too high to monitor" for him/her to keep up with.

20. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

If you can, keep an eye on the FB page. I've got an open question about it and they said they would have an answer for us today (and it wouldn't be complicated!)