Private message issues?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by francisca, Apr 8, 2010.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

My response I sent last night to the trivia contest, along with two other PMs I tried to send, are still sitting in my Outbox.

Did the trivia contest blow up the PM system?

2. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Same here. Mine shoes as sent at 11:36 PM, but it's still in the inbox. Does it not actually leave until Alex Trebeck retrieves it?

3. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Dunno.

they are flushed through now.

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I think this may be the case. I've seen some message boards that use similar software that show the item in your outbox until the person retrieves it. This seems to have been my experience since I've been here.

However, the messages, IIRC, "cue up" so that whoever sent their message in first still arrives first.

Again, I'm not sure if the software on this board works in this manner but this has been my experience in the past.

FWIW,

GP

5. francisca

francisca Troubadour

that makes sense.

6. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Messages sit in the Outbox until read, and then moves to the Sent Items box. Not to worry.

7. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Good to know. Apologies for more than one PM sent to Alex Trebek due to ignorance of this.
    :cool:

8. Donal

Donal Administrator

Yes, this forum software handles PMs in this fashion. I believe Dragonsfoot is set up the same way. Although until now, no one really had a reason to check the timing of their PMs being sent.