Problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaSumm, Jan 28, 2016.

1. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

I was checking out some events and taking a look at my account. Some events that I thought were 2 or 3 SPs now show 1GP and my account only shows me as having 1SP. I haven't registered for anything and event registration hasn't even begun yet.

So I am confused did the event costs change? And what happened to my SP's and GP's? I have a got two silver grade badges. And the events I was looking at were from Epic Quest:
    The Shadow Crypts in 3-D
    GM: epicquest
    The Temple of Trayth in 3-D
    March 2016

The Ruins of Lythar in 3-D

This situation confuses me and I would like some clarity before event registration opens on Saturday.

Thanks,
    David

2. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

Okay now my account shows the right SPs and GPs for one badge, however I have TWO. But still wondering about event costs.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

We're making a lot of coding changes- pretty much constantly- this week leading up to registration going live. These changes will sometimes affect what you see in your cart or the catalog. Event prices should be mostly set by now, though, so they should be correct according to the last pass through. @Skip or @conantdave could comment?

@mwisconsin took a look into your account and assures me that you're all set- whatever strange values you saw were resulting from some of the scripts he was running today to fix code.

PBurke likes this.
  4. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

When event prices change, will they show up in the cart of stuff we've chosen? Or do we need to reselect?

5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Erik - I wiped my cart and will reload it tomorrow just to make sure.

6. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Cheers! It looks like the new prices repopulated over. I just checked. :D But I'll prob do the same thing once I get them picked and spent my gp/sp. Does anyone recall what the coins are per badge?

2/9 Silver
    4/18 Gold
    8/40 Plat
    12/60 Dia
    Is this correct? My coinage levels look wonky now too.

7. athornton

athornton Footpad

In addition to the multiple badge coin problems, the events tab just doesn't work at all on iOS devices.

8. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Close. According to the blog:
    1. Silver Badges — 2 GP and 30 SP
    2. Gold Badges — 4 GP and 35 SP
    3. Platinum Badges — 8 GP and 40 SP
    4. Diamond Badges — 10 GP and 50 SP

9. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Cheers! :D

10. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Good question. @mwisconsin?

11. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Yes, it looks to me like the changed prices are indeed reflected in the cart and in the available coin.

Deep breaths, everyone. It's hot ice and wondrous strange snow, but let's all play it cool.

12. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Yeah...my problem is that I'm missing the GP and SP for an entire badge....email sent!

13. athornton

athornton Footpad

I have Jim Skach's problem, except that I have coins for one Gold Badge and should have coins for three. @mwisconsin ...

(will send email too)

14. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

15. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

As others have pointed out, there has been a recent post about this and there's a link to report it:

"Gary Con processed system updates last night that will help to avoid glitches during registration. However, we have noticed that the system updates have tampered with the credits (GP/SP) on some accounts. If you have noticed a problem with your account, please fill out the form on the attached website and I will address the issue quickly."

http://garycon.com/system-updates/

16. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but when I logged in this morning, I noticed that my cart showed no GP total for the events in my cart, however it did show 111SP, which was different from when I first loaded my cart a couple days back, the total should have been 2gp and 16 sp.

Just on a whim I clicked on Checkout which of course took me to the page that said "registration was not open". I then clicked on "My Account" again to get back to the main account screen and when I did, it then showed the correct 2GP and 16SP total for the items in my Cart.

So, it looked like the system had to do a reload after logging in to bring everything back around to being right.

Just an FYI.

17. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Or maybe they just corrected them...cause mine is now correct! Thanks!

18. athornton

athornton Footpad

Yep! And really corrected! (12/105 rather than 14/3) Thanks!

19. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Why are event prices changing, in the first place? Have we gone to a speculative commodity market for event sales?

Traxion likes this.
  20. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I have a silver and platinum set of badges but my page only shows 2 unused silver badges. With no room for error with everyone reg'ing at the same time I hope it gets fixed before kick off tomorrow! :D

Traxion likes this.