Problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaSumm, Jan 28, 2016.

1. BIglehart

BIglehart Level 0 Character

I also show 2 gp/30 sp for my two badges. I filled out the form as directed. I'm a little nervous about the whole process this year...

Well, I'm always nervous, but usually just about my wife and I getting into the games we want, together. Now I'm worried about a meltdown! 8^)

2. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

There's a form to fill out? May I ask where?

3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

That would be awesome...

4. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Mostly human error. We're automating many processes to eliminate that this year, but this time around we still had to hand-jam 894ish cells into a spreadsheet. Some mistakes were made and are being corrected.

5. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

6. francisca

francisca Troubadour

woof

7. BIglehart

BIglehart Level 0 Character

8. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

T-30hrs 46min until Kickoff. Are you ready!!!!

9. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

This may not be a good question, but can SPs be used for GPs?

10. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

i think it's a 50:1 ratio

11. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

That's a terrible question - you're cut off!

No, actually it's a really good question.
    In previous years, there was no exchange between gp and sp (with a couple rare exceptions).
    This year the new system apparently requires some sort of conversion.
    It does say "ratio" and "back and forth", so while most people will probably be breaking gp down in to sp, it appears that you should be able to do the reverse as well.
    (Actually, you should see the system automatically converting excess silver for you, as in the example above.)

12. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

Thanks. That opens up some more possibilities.

13. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

Okay two things. First we got our tickets for the Saturday event I and two friends will be attending, but my account seems to only show one of the two tickets that I got through my account. The confirmation e-mail shows two tickets but doesn't refer to what event. Just want to make sure all is okay.

Second there is an event on Friday that I and one of my friends are interested in attending. I have enough coins in my account to cover all of mine plus part of his, but he doesn't have enough on his own (it needs 2GPs apiece I have 2 GPs and 60 SPs left he has 1 GPs and 30SPs). Is there some way to convert my additional SPs to GPs and transfer them to him or do we have to wait until game day and see if he can still get in? The event is DDAO4-7 Holocaust Pursuit on March 4th at 2pm run by Chris Lindsey from WotCo.

14. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

Okay I got the tickets thing figured out for our Saturday game.

Hope that something can be worked out for the Friday game. Would love to try 5th edition D&D.

15. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

Is it possible to convert my unused SPs to GP and transfer to a frieind?

16. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Coins have never carried over to next year or been transferable to others. I don't think that has or will be changed.

17. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

You could try to pick up tickets and let you friend have them. Not sure if this will be available in future years though.

18. DaSumm

DaSumm Level 0 Character

Thanks, we will have to look into a lower cost event.