Promoting GaryCon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Totan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Promote Gary Con

Please help promote Gary Con and the Gary Con website and forums. If you are a member of another gaming forum or community consider posting or making an announcement. Tell your friends.

2. rossik

rossik Footpad

Re: Promote Gary Con

i have suggested in the suggestion topic, but maybe one GC "little banners"/"buttons" that you can stick at your own blog or site, would be helpfull

3. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'll add a link to these forums in my signature on various boards.

Luke/Kerry, if you guys put fliers together, send me a pdf copy and I'll distribute them at local gamestores, the University roleplaying clubs, and at any small cons I hit.

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I posted a note about GaryCon on the KenzerCo forums but will also add a link in my sig line. I must say that I enjoyed my time there and felt like a part of the community.

Thanks so much.

Derek W.
    Geekpreacher

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for being there Derek. You roll with the Kenzer Crew and they are good people in my book. I appreciate you spreading the word about Gray Con and helping us make it bigger and better. I must talk to David and Jolly about running some Hackmaster events for Gary Con II.

Luke

6. Melf

Thanks! That is a good idea too! I am not quite there yet. I need to get a venue selected before I get too far into the promotion phase :)

7. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Hey, whenever you are ready. Just ping me.

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks, Luke. I appreciate the kind comments. The Kenzer guys are good folks and genuinely enjoy gaming. I know that the new Hackmaster will be released this summer so I'm sure they'll be glad to run more for GaryCon II.

If there's anything I can personally do to help, feel free to let me know. Next time around I'm going to make sure I've got a bit more energy!

(Oh, and the Kenzer guys are going to be publishing a number of my photos from GaryCon in an upcoming issue of Knights of the Dinner Table. Even though I was exhausted I was able to get quite a few snapshots. If you'd like to use any, just let me know.)

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Will do the same here, just shoot me the pdf. :cool:

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Madison, WI and Mt Prospect, IL are the two heavyweight game stores I know of that you definitely want covered.

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Thanx Mordrin, I also have a nephew that works at the Lake Geneva Regional News, local paper. Betcha I can get him to do a story for us. :cool:

12. Melf

:D Very Nice!

13. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

I have added the URL to my sig on Dragonsfoot. Will plug it in future pieces I write for various mags--at least 4.

14. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Mr. Kask's sig on DF is how I found the place. I had a great time and hope to make the next one.

I posted a thread about it at my forums (The RPG Haven), and will add it to my sig there.

15. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Welcome to the board, Jim.

16. GeneWeigel

GeneWeigel Footpad

I put a link on the top of my forum.

17. GeneWeigel

GeneWeigel Footpad

I mentioned that I was going to run some stuff elsewhere as well.

18. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I can post a link on Jim Holloway's website! :)

19. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

I’m telling anyone who will let me ramble on at length about it via web, phone, and word of mouth. :!:

20. Melf

Thanks guys! Keep spreading the word. Gary Con is a special event and has a perceptibly different vibe than other cons. I appreciate you telling others about it-so they can come too. See you at Gary Con II!