Promoting GaryCon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Totan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Re: Promote Gary Con

Like peanut & jelly on white bread, we're spreadin',we're spreadin'. :lol:

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

ditto

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I'll be spreadin' the word at the monthly mini-hooplas, here in Elkhorn. ;) First one is the sunday after Memorial Day, the 31st. :cool: Gonna pack the house at next years Garycon 2 :!: :D

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hey Deke,

How was the Hoopla this year? I really like the idea of a 1 day, fast and furious gaming day. I am strongly considering doing one here at the Ft Ord community center this summer. Believe it or not I don't have a regular game group out here :x . My few gamer buddies are very flaky. So I need to sponsor a game day and find some fellow gamers!

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

You live in one of the most beautiful coastal areas of the country. I went to a wedding in Sonoma a few years ago with my wife and then 6 month old daughter (fun flight by the way...). After the wedding we drove to Yosemite for a few days in the park and then drove back across California to Aptos/Santa Cruz for a few nights. It was my first trip to the Monterey Bay area and if our families were not all on the East Coast, we would be living there now! If you haven't done it yet, I strongly urge you to take a Whale Watching trip. We went with Sanctuary Cruises up in Moss Landing. They were awesome! When the semi-rough weather started rolling in, the other cruise companies all fled, while we stayed and got to see a TON of whales! My daughter loved the rolling waves! Anyway, sorry for the thread jack. Your post triggered a fond memory...

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I posted my review of the Spring Hoopla in the "Off Topic Discussion" area here, sub topic, "A Convention Near You." As far as the Mini-Hoopla, that's this sunday, let ya know next week how it went. :)

7. mythulto

mythulto Level 0 Character

I want to promote GaryCon at local game stores, book stores, colleges, etc. Is there anything ready-made I can print out and post?

Mythulto

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Should be a poster available on the Home page.

9. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

10. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Great!

I'll see if I can get these in the local gaming stores, and talk to the University gaming clubs.

11. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I pinged Luke about bringing fliers to the North TX RPG Con in June for next year's GaryCon, which seems like a natural fit since both cons are so old-school focused. (I'd also be happy to bring N TX RPG Con fliers to GC this year if folks would be interested in them, and if it's OK with Luke).

12. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Allan,

I apologize for the delay. I am out at camp Roberts doing a few weeks pre-deployment training and don't have much time or access to the internet (cell phone only).

I don't mind answering that question in a public format- feel free to bring flyers and talk about Gary Con! Thanks for asking and for spreading the word!

Luke

13. grodog

grodog Troubadour

No worries Luke: I figured you were getting busy with work stuff.

Happy to help! Will there be a GC#3 flyer available by mid-May or so? I'd prefer to bring something with next year's dates, location, etc. if possible. If that won't be finalized yet, then I could certainly just bring a general GC flyer, too.

Also: do you have any issues with me bringing some North TX RPG Con flyers for the swag bags and for distribution at/near the dealers tables or registration desk/etc?