Registration now at 3pm EST??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khasimir, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

The header on the site has now changed, as I noticed it a few minutes ago.

Huh?

2. Patrickppy

Patrickppy Level 0 Character

Guess they need more time. I certainly have seen no button to buy events in my cart.

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Probably true.

4. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Nope. People tried to register early, and the system allowed them to do it. So, they're removing all the registrations that were made early.

We've set aside two separate weekends for registration and rearranged our schedules twice already. People cannot just be expected to change their schedules again to later today. That's not how people's lives work.

5. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

here's what they said on FB:
    ======

Gary Con Gaming Convention
    22 mins ยท

Our system was compromised allowing some users to bypass our registration blocks, so we have locked down registration until 3PM EST, allowing us to secure everyone's carts and open up all of the events at their original stock.
    If you were able to purchase events before 12PM, the purchase will be deleted and you must restock your cart.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Please send any inquiries to the contact form at garycon.com/registration2016

======
    Note the link probably does not work as i cut and pasted the text.

I hope they get a chance to put this in a Blog update soon.

6. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Holy smokes, I had a stroke for a second thinking my account didnt work! Ok, back to Fallout 4!

7. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

Actually, the banner on garycon.com should have been the first thing that changed. That's where people are logging in. And it appears to have been changed now.

8. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

My family and I have plans to be out of town this afternoon, specifically timed after the 12pm registration time. Changing the registration time on a whim and with no regards for what other people have planned is complete BS. Neither I nor my family should have to structure our time around this registration beyond the given time, especially after it was already changed to accommodate the short term notice previously.

Khasimir likes this.
  9. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Will there be a checkout button show up on the cart page?

10. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I dont think this was in any way their fault, people were able to login and register before noon, so they are resetting everything. We really cant blame them for that.

11. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale Level 0 Character

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

13. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Yeah...only on further review, the call is overturned...

14. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

From the top of the forum:

At the moment, it sounds to me like some people deliberately hacked (or some form of backdoor trick) their way in early, and while staff tried to deal with that, it resulted in the checkout button inadvertently appearing early, which other people (like me) were surprised see actually took the registration.

If so, the blame is squarely on the hackers. Staff did their best to squash it. People like me reported the unexpected registration as soon as it happened.
    Sad, if that's the way it went, though. Fair play ought to be a core value of any gamer.

15. athornton

athornton Footpad

I was just like there's a checkout button and the peer pressure was OMG CLICK so, uh, I did.

16. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

You are a barbarian like the rest of us.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  17. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Did it just show up? Or did you refresh? And was it in your cart page?

18. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

F5, refresh, and a click! About 10 til.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  19. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Holy smokes f5 is refresh? lol On the cart page, yes?

20. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

For the cheaters!

12507612_1189463901083567_5317085793692274072_n.jpg

stahlnee and Tink333 like this.