registration problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nguilbault, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Brouhaha

Brouhaha Level 0 Character

FYI, I returned a 2 GP event, but I did not get credit back for the 2 GP so I can register for something else.

Any ETA on fixing that???

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

We apologize on the issues. We have fixed most of them.

If you lost coins- please message me with your account name & email address. Along with what got retained as the "King's" tax. I will get it returned.

All your events that were successfully registered for will be listed on the left-hand column: "Registration" tab.

Thanks,

Dale

3. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

That's nice, but what is going to be done for those of us who were locked out from registering for events that we wanted until after they were sold out? Every non-premium event that I had planned on trying to get into was sold out by the time the bug was fixed. When things were fixed I was able to register for three non-premium events -- none of which was an event that I intended on registering for -- but there are no other available non-premium events that I am even remotely interested in. That means that, through no fault of my own, I have been able to spend only nine of thirty-five sp and have been able to register for only six events (three premium and three non-premium) for the four days of the con.

I am particularly unhappy about this because this is the second year in a row that I have paid for a badge and then not gotten what I paid for. Last year I was registered for a premium event -- the only one that I was able to register for before the premium events sold out -- and the gm just decided not to show up, leaving several of us sitting at the table for about one half hour until I went and found a con volunteer who told me that the gm decided not to show up because he was mad about the start time that was listed in the catalog. Nothing was done to rectify that situation, and I hope that those who run the con step up to the plate and show more consideration for their customers/fellow gamers this year.

I am an old school 1e gamer, and I love the fact that there is a con that both honors Gary Gygax and provides us old schoolers a place to play the games we love, but it's getting a lot harder to love the con when I feel like I'm continually getting the fuzzy end of the stick.

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

I apologize that you've had a bad run. We seriously try hard to make it positive.

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you in March!

5. Gravon

Gravon Level 0 Character

just a side note, it's a good idea to keep watching the event registration, Because people do return games. Whether people over scheduled or just find something else they prefer. Also, it doesn't hurt to go to the game you wanted anyway, many times you'll find open seats.

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

Very true. Gary Con uses the "self-marshaling" system. Here's how it works. Each table has a red & green placard. If the green is posted; the table is looking for new players. You just walk up and ask to join the game. Red, well that is a no-go. It is that easy.

Come to Gary Con and you will find more games than you can possibly, ever, play. :D