RIP Jean Wells

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

Many will remember Jean Wells working our registration desk last year. She passed away last Wednesday, January 25th. Our homepage has been updated to honor her memory.

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I do remember. I only had a moment to say hello to her but she seemed like a very sweet person. I must say that I've yet to meet someone in the industry from "back in the day" who wasn't kind toward all the fans of this hobby.

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Jean was a sweet lady and I am disappointed that I won't be able to introduce my wife and daughters to her at Gary Con IV. Unfortunately time marches on relentlessly and we all have a meeting with our maker at some point in the future. It is a reminder to seize opportunities and live life to the fullest!

I am happy that Jean was able to help us at Gary Con II and III. She will be missed.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Indeed. Sad news and her presence will be missed. :(

5. Nerfherder

Nerfherder Level 0 Character

If i remember correctly Jean was instrumental in the formation of the RPGA back in the day?

6. osarious

osarious Chevalier

She was very friendly. I talked to her for about 20 minutes at GCIII. She talked about her days with TSR and how she was not treated
    very kindly by a few individuals. She signed a few of my books and invited me to visit her to talk more. Sadly, I never got the opportunity
    to do so.

She will be missed.

7. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Sad to hear of her passing. She was a very sweet person.

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Now that the photo has been posted, yes I remember her, sweet person. RIP.

9. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier